Slivers are to return?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Apparently, a red creature named Hunter Sliver, imbued with a new mechanic, is in the set Legions. Obviously, there must be more than one sliver with it. Slivers will be coming back. (Which kinda makes sense, with them reprinting mechanics, and the set supposedly being all creatures)

I am so happy. So very, very, very happ.y

J

Jigglypuff

I think it would be neat to see Slivers return. I think it's likely, considering that they brought back Cycling. One thing I would like to see on the Slivers is more unique abilities, rather than just "draw a card", "deal damage", "haste", like we got with the Tempest slivers.

(- Steve -)

M

MrXarvox

true, but a sliver is not just a sliver. it is all slivers. if you give them something more complicated than simple creature abilities, your turns could end up taking forever...

I

Istanbul

I would sooner believe that they're going to reprint Morphling.

I

Istanbul

Slivers were broken. Bah-roken. The most broken creature type ever to see play, and I'm gonna go ahead and include Rebels in that statement. Maybe YOU don't remember the Counter-Sliver days, but I sure do.

T

train

Rout, Mutilate, Mageta, ... a lot could handle Slivers - I don't think they'll all be back anyway, but let's see if the Queen comes back???

J

Jigglypuff

Slivers can be dealt with rather easily nowadays. I highly doubt that they would actually reprint all the slivers. I would like to see them reprint some slivers and make up some new ones. And I highly doubt that they would reprint the Queen unless she has some storyline part.

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

Slivers were never terribly hard to deal with until they printed Crystaline Sliver.

Now days, most of the effects of Slivers have similar effects currently in the environment.

Muscle Sliver? Lots of beefy, inexpensive creatures around.
Winged Sliver? Isn't Wonder about the same thing?

Realistically, Crystaline was the most necessary to really cause problems.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Jesus christ Istanbul, your always so defensive.

Slivers are certainly not overpowered, what they are is a really creative, interesting, and fun mechanic.

Granted Crystaline Sliver was going WAY overboard.

Broken or not, I cant WAIT to see if this is true.

T

train

Anyone interested in investing in some Roach, I mean uhhhh, Sliver Motels???

Ferret

Staff member
I always enjoyed the Slivers. Since I the last time I really played they were still new, it would be nice to find a use for my old Sliver Queen. If they become too powerful, their can always be a reprint of Humble or perhaps a "Sliver Hunter" that can pick them off like flies.

-Ferret

...back again - at least for a moment...

T

theorgg

FERRET???

Speak O'Da Devil! We was just'a speakin' about you in the Nastalgia thread in Offtopic!

C

Chaos Turtle

Look who's back
Back Again
Ferret's Back
Phone a friend
Ferret's Back
Ferret's Back
Ferret's Back
Ferret's Back...

:D