Sliver Madness

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Let's count the infinite combos that you can start with a Sliver Queen, shall we?
1. Sliver Queen + Mana echoes: Infinite mana + Infinite 1/1 Creatures.
2. Sliver Queen + Ashnod's Altar + Heartstone: Ditto above.

And that's just with one of the slivers. But I've found a few wicked sliver combos without any other cards.

3. Sliver Queen + Gemhide Sliver + Heart sliver + Basal sliver: Infinite mana. Add an acid sliver onto that for infinite damage, or a darkheart sliver for infinite life.

And don't get me started with cloudstone curio!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There are far too many to remember all of them. I used to build decks based around Sliver Queen. 2 for a token can easily be looped. There's Intruder Alarm and Ley Druid. Ashnod's Altar and Pandemonium, Ashnod's Altar and Altar of Dementia, Mind over Matter and Ley Druid, Ashnod's Altar and Kyren Negotiations, the possibilities are plentiful.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah. There is a sentence that everyone should memorize. SLIVER QUEEN IS BROKEN!!!!!! A sliver queen usually means pretty quick death when paired with any other sliver or creature-abusing enchantment. I gave away a tarmogoyf for mine, I know it was dumb, but I just wanted the card so badly!

Killer Joe

Years ago I used to play a Counter-Sliver deck that only used:

4 Crystaline Sliver (Slivers can't be targeted)
4 Muscle Sliver (+1/+1 to Slivers)
3 Winged Sliver (Flying for Slivers)
1 Talon Sliver (First Strike for Slivers)

8 Countermagic spells
4 STP's
X Disenchants
and other ultility spells

I loved this deck and even though at the time I had a Sliver Queen I rarely used it because the deck was solid enough wothout it.

*sigh* ...those were the days... :eek:

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah, well, your build was two-colored, that sort of makes up for a difference with the queen...