Slamming Dopes in Articles

N

Notepad

Well, you've likely seen the latest Sloppy Shuffle...

Yeah, it is a general rant aginst Net Kiddies. Yes, I did put some random Net Kiddie on blast for his postings in another forum. In fact, the litte turd deserved to be the herald for his kind. It was only fitting I use him as a frame of reference for the comic.

Now, it seems there was some concern by folks here are CPA. Is putting somebody on blast really such a low blow? I mean, hell, I've teased Brainburst in the past and nobody said anything about it. Why should teasing Net Kiddies, and JeremiahArc666 (not his real screen name) be any different?

I

Istanbul

When people do things that cause them to deserve to be 'on blast', blast away! Blast hard and loud! Blast to the masses about the half-wit mouth-breathing ignoramus who's wasted precious moments of your ever-shortening life!

Stupid is stupid. Don't be quiet about it - when you see something stupid, speak up!

T

train

Stupid is stupid. Don't be quiet about it - when you see something stupid, speak up!
Just don't do it amidst the stupid or people will think you are also...;)

N

Nightstalkers

Net decks are almost worth something... But I choose to take the card combo's and strategies, then twist them into my own decks.

Net decking just isn't that profitable, its like using a cheat sheet during a test or an AI in a war game. It just isn't worth the battle.

I say that if anyone is using a net deck in a tourney, and its just awesome and too good for the person to build and for you to overcome, just refuse to play the person. Simple as that. Refuse to play and drop out right there. I've done it before and told the people that I'd never come back because of it....

Didn't work too well, but when you see the same decks you've seen posted either here, or other places played against you and the guys look at you with a sly look when you mention the sites, you get pissed. Why fight a tournament of netdeckers? Its just not worth it.

Well... There's my two cents in... Hey wait, your paying me a penny for my thoughts and its costing me two cents. I SMELL RIPOFF!!! :mad:

Killer Joe

I consider myself to be a casual (struggling) tournament player, I like to play casually but I also treat myself to ONE PTQ each year (Block Constructed in August).

Though I DO have friends that play Magic I rearly get the chance to TEST with them or build new casual-tourney decks. Because it's so rare that I DO get the chance to be with them, I'd rather pull out my all common decks and/or my other starange stuff and play with them. So I Net Deck for tournaments.

Beethoven (Net Kiddie) went to Vienna to study with Mozart (Internet Decks). And Beethoven's music at the beggining sounded a whole helluva lot like Mozart's music. What I'm saying is that you must first KNOW what a good deck is before venturing out on your own to create decks.

I am sure they display what I would call a "Learned Behavior" from older kids/adults who go around smack-talking everybody.

These kiddies are NOT old enough to know about ethics, or etiquette & protocol or even how to be nice to each other. Believe you me! I come up against alot of these net kiddies and they DO slaughter me, "Se La Vie". Am I going to eliminate them from my "Who would I like to Play" list? No. Cripe, I may end up by not having anybody to play against. Why limit myself based on my "Losing" to net kiddies? I wouldn't.

Slam away, just don't generalize. Being of Hispanic heritage, I KNOW generalizing, and it is NOT a good thing, Amigos.

~Mark

N

Notepad

Thanks for the fully-Istanbul-like comment, Istanbul! ;) Pretty much what I thought when I made that comic.

And um...to the rest of y'all, when I said "net kiddie" I didn't mean "net decker" I meant the little rat turd garbage that populates a lot of stuff on the net. I used to say "BNet kiddie" but that implied they were only on Battle.Net, when in reality they are everywhere.

Still, I will never hesitate to deficate on the classical music section in a store now that I know Beethoven was a dirty netdecker!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really have the experience of running into Net Dopes since I don't play MTGO, but if it happens, I figure they're fair game for a comic.

Killer Joe

"Ces't", whatever. At least your intelligent enough to know what I meant, so sorry. :(

I thimk that if Beethoven played Magic, he'd be a blue mage ;) .

M

mythosx

Originally posted by Killer Joe
"Ces't", whatever. At least your intelligent enough to know what I meant, so sorry. :(

I thimk that if Beethoven played Magic, he'd be a blue mage ;) .
I think its C'est la vie...

I don't know if it was appropriate or not, but I am sure we agree with you on this subject regardless. Net kiddies are nothing more than speed bumps.