Skyshroud Behemoth Ideas

G

Griffith_se

Hello,

I recently acquired two Skyshroud Behemoth's, and I'm looking for deck ideas.

I was thinking somthing Black, Green.

Maybe some tutors, worldly, Vampiric. Some discard from hand effects, and some grave yard effects. If you could get two through real quick like, how cool would that be?

If you have a great deck list, or just a rough one, please post it I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
griffith_se

D

Dune Echo

Well, a card that really works with Fading creatures in general is Fecundity. Also, (nod to Zadok here), a Greater Good is great just before you have to sac this big guy.

Another idea is Lifeline/Alter of Dementia. Attack with him, sacrifice him, he comes back and is untapped at the beginning of your turn.

G

Gizmo

Surely the biggest problem is it`s CC?
Sounds like a job for Pattern Of Rebirth to me. After that you should be sure to give it evasion or Trample, but then you are good to go.

Z

Zadok001

Dune beat me to it. :)

I'm gonna go really rouge here, and say run Quicksilver Amulet or Elvish Piper. If you play with black as well, add some reanimation techniques, and you can keep a 10/10 fattie in play for quite a while.

The back-up for the combo portion of the deck is two-fold. Mana acceleration, probably Priests and Llanowars, as well as smaller green weenies and Rancor a la' Stampy. River Boa and Albino Troll are the best for this, since they can hold their own on defense until Mr. Behemoth comes over to play.

In Black, Duress, Raise Dead -esque stuff, and Vampirics.

"... casual play only..."

U

Ura

You could toss in some Dauthi Embrace for some fun evasion by giving them shadow, if your not planning on sticking to T2 that is.

D

Dune Echo

Sorry Zadok! You've inspired us all to new levels of "tech" greatness!

K

King of Cheese

you could include him in a sneak attack deck with cards like jolting merfolk and trickster mage. Otherwise, he sounds like the perfect creature for the pattern/jokulhaups deck. What are the odds that they'll recover from a jokulhaups in two turns?

[Edited by King of Cheese (03-23-2000 at 04:46 PM).]

G

Griffith_se

King,

Pattern/Jokulhaups sounds like what I'm looking for. Do you have an example deck list that I could work with?

I would appreciate it.

griffith_se

D

Duel

Pandemonium. Where else you gonna use a 10/10? Oh, and rancoring this guy can cause some major damage if you're playing quick green beatdown. Two turns is often enough.
Just out of curiousity, does anyone else think they put that drawback in there just to get back at those of us who use sneak attack?

G

Gumby Khan

Have you all forgotten that the behemoth come's into play tapped, so sneaking him doesn't do much, unless you sneak a hulking cyclops, too. Pattern or Defense of the Heart is a great way to get him in, but it's best to fling him or sac to alter of dementia. Rancor is a no-brainer, but think about sustenance, too. 12/10 trample that doesn't tap to attack? These are what dreams are made of... :)

G

Gryphonclaw

All right, here's a combo waiting for a deck;

1st turn, land, wild growth
2nd turn, land, food chain
3rd turn, skyshroud sentinel, sac. skyshroud sentinel to food chain, repeat twice, skyshroud behemoth.
4th turn, rancor, attack w/behemoth, etc.

Basically food chain, mana acceleration, and the howling wolf effect work great, then a little enhancement to round it off.

Tentative decklist:

Spells: 16
4 wild growth
3 food chain
4 rancor
3 scent of ivy
2 Pack hunt

Creatures:
4 howling wolf
4 nesting wurm
4 skyshroud sentinel
2 skyshroud behemoth
3 blastoderm
1 dawnstrider
4 llanwar elves
4 priestess of titania

What do you think?

[Edited by Gryphonclaw (03-24-2000 at 03:32 PM).]

C

Captain Caveman

Just a comment about the Sneak/Behemoth thing

I think this will work. Here's how.

Announce end of turn effects :)resolve.
Sneak out behemoth.
untap, upkeep, draw, Sneak out something else
if desired, declare attack.

The idea is similiar to Waylay before they
fixed it.

It may not work this way but I think it will.

G

Griffith_se

I think Vitalize would work good only CC G.
Ferver Isn't real expensive either.

I think Jokulhuaps/Pattern will work.
play Grim's, Diamonds, and/or Ramos's.

Once you have the artifact mana you: Jokulhuap/Ferver/Vitalize

Sounds Far fetched? Maybe :( Sounds Fun yep :)

A

Apollo

First off, I am 90% sure that the end of turn sneal trick does work.

Anyway, I like the Pattern/Haups deck. I think instead of fast artifact mana, you should go with fast creature mana in the form of elves, birds, etc. because you need something to Pattern. Anyway, here's a (probably bad) decklist off the top of my head. I'm gonna try to make it type two, but there will probably be an illegal card in there somewhere.

4 Birds of paradise
4 Llanowar elves
4 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
3 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Lyrist
1 Heart Warden
2 Skyshroud Behemoth

4 Pattern of Rebirth
4 Jokulhaups
4 Seal of Fire
3 Rancor

Some combination of 23 or so land

I only have 2 Behemoths in the deck because you almost never want to draw them. The Seals and Lyrists are there to try to do something to stop Bargain, although admittedly not much. Basically your hope would be to do enough damage that they can't go off. As an alternative to 'Haups, you can Pattern a Lyrist or the Warden and sac it to find the Behemoth, though I wouldn't reccomend it if you don't have a Rancor in hand. Think I'm an idiot for some of these choices? You're probably right :)

Apollo

Z

Zadok001

Curse you all. :) J/K. I've been trying to keep that Sneak trick quiet at my school since the set was released. And now, Duel now doubt knows, it won't be long before everyone knows! I'll have Sneaked 10/10s running at me! You... You all did this! Noooooooo! :) J/K.

D

Duel

Zadok! You betrayed me! Well, at least I know it now. Plus Bloodshot cyclops does it's nasty deed well.

T

The Magic Jackal

Oooohhh, here's how to whipe the board clean of all creatures. Play the behemoth, and the play rupture, that 10 damage to each creature and player. That would probably kill you AND your opponent.