Skulltap

R

Rakamir

Skulltap
Scourge Common
B1
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Skulltap, sacrifice a creature.
Draw two cards.

Ancestral Recall or Fact or Fiction or Deep Analysis it's not, but I'll take it.

This is the missing piece of the Oversold Cemetary puzzle, and in all that follows I'm talking about Onslaught Block Constructed only.

I'm sure the knock against the card will be it has zero card advantage, in that you give up two cards for two more, but consider ....

- You are digging two deep into your deck, getting closer to that card you need.
- You're building up the graveyard to have an Oversold Cemetay be effective EARLIER, which was always OC's drawback. That critter you jut sacced, your opponent may see again! So in a deck with Oversolds, there is in fact card advantage.
- Unlike Graveborn Muse, you have a CHOICE when to draw, or not. And it's cheaper than Muse by half. And enchantment hate won't kill it. And you don't lose life with it.

OK, so it's a Sorcery rather than an Instant but it's cheap and you can't have everything. Works nice in a Zombie deck and just shines in Clerics, as you can also bring back the sacced critter with Misery Charm, or Unholy Grotto if it's a Zombie Cleric, like Rotlung or Withered Wretch. A very nice, subtle card.

And yes, I've actually playtested with it and it rocks. But don't believe me, try it yourself. I'll start a thread at Casual decks to give you a start for a deck that abuses it. Look for "OnBC: Utility Clerics" there.

N

Nightstalkers

Its nice nowadays with all of them wierd enchantments and stuff...

Too bad its not an Instant :(