Skullclamp banned!

T

train

Here is an explanation of the changes from Magic R&D:

Skullclamp
Whenever one card appears in the majority of the decks played in major tournaments, R&D takes a long hard look at banning it. While the current Standard and Mirrodin Block Constructed metagames have room for multiple decks to succeed, and there are answers available to Skullclamp, that isn’t enough to make for a healthy environment. Every deck is required to warp itself around this one-mana card, and almost every successful deck abuses it. In addition, games that involve Skullclamp simply aren’t as much fun to play, especially when those are the only kinds of games going on.

no offense - but like WoTC said - there is room for multiple decks to succeed, and there are answers for Skullclamp...

so I personally feel this is a load of crap-ola...

did WoTC get paid off?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Paid off? By whom, themselves? :)

Well, if it appears in the majority of decks, it probably needs to go... same idea as Necro Summer, you were either playing with it or against it, even if there were answers to it (like Sligh).

T

train

I recall that article ... April 1st wasn't it the first time it came out?... :p

But notice the plains didn't get voted out!...

O

orgg

The DCI just screwed me potential prize over...

No more selling it at five tickets on Magic Online... It's worth about .25 of a ticket, now. Amazing how things drop.

Killer Joe

That's the envirnment that has the most player participation. And they're NEW, too. Wiz Co WANTS to keep the new players happy because the old ones have weathered a lot in the past and if they're still here, they can weather it some more.

T

train

Now that's what I'm talking about...

Orgg - I'm interested in extra clamps...;)

T

train

I still think they shouldn't have banned clamp... and I'm not running it...

N

Nightstalkers

Meh, seeing the card now, I can see why they banned it.

Wouldn't it also be fun to run isocron scepter + ancestral recall + inf. mana/art. untap deck?

Lets mill our opponent the good way!

:XD