Singleton Draft: Spidey vs DarthFerret

D

DarthFerret

I have nothing else for this combt....so as far as I am concerned everything will resolve as normal.....you?

D

DarthFerret

Will tap a mountain to keep the counter, and will sac the Cockatrice...., Then I am done.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - put the Ivory Tower on the Stack. Put the Library draw card on the stack. Pay 2G to use Genesis's ability to return the Gatekeeper to my hand. Let Library draw resolve. Let the Tower resolve - I gain 5 life.

Draw

Abyssal Gatekeeper

Done - discard Phantom Nishoba and Rule of Law

DarthFerret
Life: 5
Hand: 2
Library: 26

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Mountain x 6

(U) Zuran Orb (Sac a land for 2 life)

(U) Ali From Cairo (0/1, Damage that would reduce my life to less than 1, makes my life total 1)
(T) Rock Hydra (6/6, for each damage dealt, prevent it by removing a +1/+1 counter. R: prevent 1 damage to this. RRR: add a +1/+1 counter only on upkeep)

Graveyard: Forcefield, Disintegrate, Cockatrice
RFG:

Spiderman
Life: 23
Hand: 7
Library: 32
In Play:

(T) Library of Alexandria
(U) Hallowed Fountain (W/U Ravnica dual)
(U) Pillar of Paruns (T: Add 1 color of any mana to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to play a multicolored spell)
(T) Meteor Crater (T: Choose a color of a permanent I control. Add 1 mana of that color to my mana pool)
(T) Brushland
(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp

Arcane Laboratory (Each player can only play one spell each turn)
Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(S) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, each player sacs a creature)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, Upkeep, draw, OMG - My top decking skills!, Cursed Rack, done.

DarthFerret

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Mountain x 6

(U) Cursed Rack (opponents max hand size is 4)

(U) Ali From Cairo (0/1, Damage that would reduce my life to less than 1, makes my life total 1)
(T) Rock Hydra (6/6, for each damage dealt, prevent it by removing a +1/+1 counter. R: prevent 1 damage to this. RRR: add a +1/+1 counter only on upkeep)

Graveyard: Forcefield, Disintegrate, Cockatrice
RFG:

Spiderman
Life: 23
Library: 32
In Play:

(T) Library of Alexandria
(U) Pillar of Paruns (T: Add 1 color of any mana to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to play a multicolored spell)
(T) Meteor Crater (T: Choose a color of a permanent I control. Add 1 mana of that color to my mana pool)
(T) Brushland
(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp

Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(S) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, each player sacs a creature)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, it's a good thing at you EOT, I'll Disenchant the Rack :)

Untap, upkeep - gain 3 life, Draw

Attack with the Gatekeeper
Responses/blocks?

DarthFerret

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2

Graveyard: Forcefield, Disintegrate, Cockatrice, Cursed Rack
RFG:

Spiderman
Life: 26
Library: 31
In Play:

(U) Library of Alexandria
(U) Meteor Crater (T: Choose a color of a permanent I control. Add 1 mana of that color to my mana pool)
(U) Brushland
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(T) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, each player sacs a creature)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law, Disenchant
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tap Crater, Forest, and Brushland for Recurring Nightmare. Return the Nightmare to my hand and sac the Gatekeeper to put the Deranged Hermit into play. Since the Gatekeeper went to the graveyard, what creature are you sacrificing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm done.

DarthFerret

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2

Graveyard: Forcefield, Disintegrate, Cockatrice, Cursed Rack, Rock Hydra
RFG:

Spiderman
In Play:

(T) Brushland
(T,U) Forest x2
(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(S) Deranged Hermit (1/1, Echo 3GG, When ~ CIP, put four 1/1 green Squirrel tokens into play. All Squirrels get +1/+1)
(S) Squirrel token (2/2 due to Hermit)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law, Disenchant, Abyssal Gatekeeper
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac gets up, knocks Spidey upside the head with the lead rabbit, and tries to make a triumphant retreat.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Spidey now rubs his shins AND his head. However, he does manage to stick a spidey-tracer on Ransac unnoticed so he can hunt him down later and exact revenge

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, draw, Cast Regrowth targeting the Disentegrate, done.

DarthFerret
Hand: 3
Library: 25

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Mountain x 6

Graveyard: Forcefield, Cockatrice, Cursed Rack, Rock Hydra, regrowth.
RFG:

Spiderman
In Play:

(T) Brushland
(T,U) Forest x2
(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(S) Deranged Hermit (1/1, Echo 3GG, When ~ CIP, put four 1/1 green Squirrel tokens into play. All Squirrels get +1/+1)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law, Disenchant, Abyssal Gatekeeper
RFG:[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT I'll draw a card with the Library and tap to Swords to Plowshares your Ali.

Untap, upkeep - gain 3 life and pay echo, Draw

Attack with Everyone
Responses/blocks?

DarthFerret
Hand: 3
Library: 25

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x 2
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Mountain x 6

Graveyard: Forcefield, Cockatrice, Cursed Rack, Rock Hydra, Regrowth
RFG: Ali from Cairo

Spiderman
Life: 29
Hand: 8
Library: 29
In Play:

(T) Brushland
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Plains
(T) Swamp

Land Tax

(U) Ivory Tower

(T) Deranged Hermit (1/1, Echo 3GG, When ~ CIP, put four 1/1 green Squirrel tokens into play. All Squirrels get +1/+1)
(T) Squirrel token (2/2 due to Hermit)

Graveyard: Genesis, Deranged Hermit, Vindicate, Blastoderm, Phantom Nishoba, Rule of Law, Disenchant, Abyssal Gatekeeper, Swords to Plowshares
RFG: