Singleton Draft: Ransac vs. turgy22

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, I have no response.
Untap. Draw.
And that's game.

Looks like you've won the match. Congrats. I'm hoping your deck is just that good and not that mine is just that terrible.

Anyway, it looks like all the other games are going to be a while before finishing. You want to play some more, just for kicks?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Thanks! Truth be told, I don't think my deck would'nt have done as well if I didn't have the Scroll Racks each game. If you hadn't Wheel of Fortuned, I probably wouldn't have won. Also, drawing those SOFI's was a killer for you.

My only critque of your deck is that most of your threats are too expensive. After studying your Draft list, I gave myself too options: counter all of your early threats and kill fast (an odd strategy for a blue deck) or drag it out. I didn't want the chance of you resolving your Colossus, so I opted to counter early. Although, I would've LOVED to have cast Desertion on your Colossus. :D

Yeah, let's keep playing. You choose: play or draw?

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Honestly, I have no idea how I could have won if I hadn't cast WoF. You had Voice of All with SOFI. I didn't have any answer. The Wheel got me that lands I needed to flash the Edict and then reset the board. You'll have to explain your logic to me on that one, because I still don't see it.

But anyway, I'll play first. I need to try a few things with my deck first.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, perhaps you're right. Plus, your Vise dealt me some more damage AND you got the Obliterate out of it..... fair enough.

Are we allowed to alter our decks from match to match in this? Does anyone care since we didn't post our decklists?

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ready to start?
I'm keeping my hand.
Play Polluted Delta. Sac for Volcanic Island.
Black Vise.
Done.

Ransac: 20
Hand: ?
Library: ??

Graveyard:
RFG:

Turgy22: 19
Hand: 5
Library: 34

(T) Volcanic Island

Black Vise

Graveyard: Polluted Delta
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Draw 7. Mullilgan First hand. Draw 6. Keep. Take 2. Draw, Island. Go.

Ransac: 18
Hand: 6
Library: 53

(U) Island

Graveyard:
RFG:

Turgy22: 19
Hand: 5
Library: 34

(T) Volcanic Island

Black Vise

Graveyard: Polluted Delta