Single Cards Strategy

Should we have a "single cards strategies" forum in the "Game Related" forum ?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• no opinion

• Total voters
M

Mundungu

I feel it would be great to have a forum where we can discuss cards in particular, their interactions with the different environments (bloc, type II, 1.x or others incl. MP), combos and others.

Especially when new sets come in, some cards are worth the discussion, and some other always show up again.

Such discussions are not always dependent on a deck and hence misplaced in the Deck/Variant forum. They are however game related and can even touch some rule points.

I PM'd Ed a while ago without response so put the argument to the vote.

C

Cateran Emperor

I actually think we should expand that to a "Magic Theory" forum, to discuss basic issues of how cards interact, color theory, how to build a deck, etc.

D

Duel

Second that. We tried "The Art of Beatdown II" but, because It wasn't in a strategy-heavy forum, it wasn't too successful. I think this forum would attract more players.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me. However, Ed is the one who usually makes new forums so if you PMed him already, I'm not sure what his lack of response could mean. It could mean he didn't get it, is holding on to it, thinks it's a bad idea, or anywhere in between. I'm not sure what the vote will accomplish, unless it's a peer pressure sort of thing (or a demand from the masses :)).

G

Gerode

Ed hasn't posted in nearly 2 weeks. He probably hasn't been to the CPA recently enough to even see your message.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Remember, just because he doesn't post doesn't mean he's not around. He might have time for a quick check-in because he's busy or something.

I'll see if I can find out something...

F

fuzzy510

MOB JUSTICE!!!!! :D

Seriously, I like CE's idea. Where is Ed?

*Fuzzy510 looks outside of his CPA room window and sees Spidey burying Ed's corpse.

N

NeuroDeus

I like the idea...and i got a couple of cards I would like to discuss...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But being the neat on-line freaks we are, we think that since the cards don't necessarily have to lead to decks, being in the Deck forum would be slightly misleading (sorta like the difference between General and CPA Magic Issues...).

It'd just be a nice subdivision...

X

xreemer

I like this idea. Having a forum dedicated to a topic will encourage more posts on that topic. It seems like magic theory is a worthy topic of the focus.