Single card strategy contest

D

DarthFerret

I would like to see who can come up with the best stategy to use with Mana Flare!

I know the obvious choices, direct damage, but lets see what else is out there. (Ever seen red splashed in a blue deck?)

L

Limited

Gonna have to go for a deck I had a while back, based around Mana Flare, Abundance, Solitary Confinement and Enchantresses (and Groundskeeper with Land's Edge).. Pretty funky, but seemed to work quite well..

Or how about a deck that isn't about winning, but just about really speeding up the game? Turn three manaflare, turn four New Frontiers for seven lands!
(followed by a Avatar of Fury?)

D

DarthFerret

Jorael, put 4 Howling Mines in your deck idea and let the good times roll.

Limited, Turn 4 Avatar of Fury? That is totally disgusting! Curious to see the composition of the deck in your first post.

J

jorael

Howling Mine, eh? Ever played a deck full of cards that only help opponents? Really fun, and some players will get really confused :)

Cards like Tempting Wurm, words of wisdom, kitsune palliator and noble benefactor (!) suddenly are massive fun. Metamorphose is a good one too (putting it on a isochron scepter isn't in the spirit of this idea, but plain nasty).

D

DarthFerret

I specialize in confusing my opponents. Try putting these in a deck: Teferi's Realm, Psychic Battle, Temporal Distorion, Reality Twist. heh heh heh

L

Limited

4x Argothian Enchantress
4x Groundskeeper

4x Elfhame Sanctuary
4x Enchantress Presence
2x Land's Edge
3x Mana Flare
4x Overabundance
3x Solitary Confinement
3x Seal of Fire

1x Enlightened Tutor
4x Harrow

24x Basic Land

Either death by land's edge or by overabundance..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
One fun multiplayer deck a friend I saw used Pestilence, Urza's Armor, Mana Flare, Repercussion, Ogre Enforcer (I preferred Cemetery Gate, but this deck used the Enforcer), and Bubbling Muck. The whole Repercussion/Pestilence engine thing was just so deadly to most opponents, and with Mana Flare, Dark Ritual, and Bubbling Muck all available as mana acceleration (this was before Cabal Coffers was printed, so don't even ask about that, and the guy might have had Lake of the Dead in the deck for a while, but not when I played it, so I don't know how that worked out) the deck was capable of ridiculous damage that would end the game on one turn (and sometimes rather early in the game).

Of course, anyone familiar with the deck would not assume that the Mana Flare was out there to help everyone have a good time. It's decks like this one that make people realize that countermagic can be a good thing to have in multiplayer games (just say NO to Pestilence).

Mana Flare/Palinchron could probably be quite fun (infinite mana). I have both cards, but I never tried it (probably because High Tide always looked easier).

D

DarthFerret

Limited: with that deck, why not also include (not sure what to replace) powersurges, and some unlimited pumpables. That really punishes yoru opponent, especially once mana flare hits the board.

Oversoul: I agree, that is one of the main reasons I still play a lot of blue, or at least splash some in the deck. To stop the multiplayer nightmares. ie: Pestilence, Black Vice/Rack, Urza's Legacy, etc...