Single Card Deckbuilding Contest Mark IV

D

DarthFerret

Alrighty then, round 4 of the deckbuilding contest has begun.....

Your Card: This week, I am making it 5 cards: All the original Colored COP's.

(Circle of Protection: Blue, Black, Green, Red, and White)

Build the best deck you can while Utilizing ALL 5 of these to their best ability.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ugh, COPs suck. I already knew that, but I thought that I could come up with SOMETHING that used all five of them. But they're just too primitive...

C

Captain Caveman

Edit: because its not what he was looking for. The color change decklist was obvious so I was trying to offer something different. I should have went with something more along the lines of the deck you posted.

:)

D

DarthFerret

Well...here was kinda what I had in mind....

Changing COP deck

1 of each cop (B,U,G,R,W)
2 COP Artifact
4 Karma
4 Conversion
4 Acid Rain
4 Counterspell
4 Mind Bend
4 Magical Hack
4 Slight of Mind
2 Volcanic Eruption
3 Deflection

8 Islands
8 Plains
4 Tundra
1 Sol Ring

Idea is to change all the color specifics to what you want. Acid Rain targets any land type (be careful when playing against white or blue) Karma and Volcanic Eruption is the same deal.

COP becomes what you want, no matter which one you get.
COP Artifact is there for Mirrodin happy people.

Conversion works neat for almost any color but White itself.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I really should have predicted that you'd bring up Magical Hack in this thread. I had the feeling this strong feeling that you would, but it was right after I'd already made my post...

D

DarthFerret

Well, can ya blame me? Although Magical Hack can not target a COP. Hacks are only used for Land Types. It was Slight of Mind that was used for Color Words. Got a little less confusing with Mind Bend because it lets you do either.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you looking to see if there's another way the five CoPs could be used in a deck? Because if you were already thinking of a Sleight deck, that's not really a contest at all since the end result is already preordained.

Like how about an Animation Enchantment deck (just throwing an idea out)? Admittedly they'd be small creatures but that's what enhancing enchantments are for... plus I like the image of five Circles all rising up from the ground to meet an invader :)

O

orgg

20 COPs
4 ROP: Red
2 ROP: Black
4 ROP: Artifact
4 Opalescence
4 Replinish
22 Plains

This is my Turtle deck, minus a few cards. Basically, it's the tuned version of my Turtle deck subbing the COPs for the ROPs.

D

DarthFerret

Yes Spiderman, I am looking for a better alternative than what I had already constructed. My deck, while it seems to do pretty well, takes a long long time to play out. I wanted to see if anyone else COULD build a deck involving all five of the circles, and what that would look like.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DarthFerret: Ah, your "here is kinda what I had in mind" seemed to indicate the end result was already decided on...

Y

YoungBeard

It's silly, I know...
24 COPs (5 colors + COP Artifact)
4 Enchantress's Presence
4 Argothian Enchantress
4 Auratog
4 Fling
4 Savannah
4 Elfhame Palace
4 Plateau
8 Plains

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
DarthFerret: Ah, your "here is kinda what I had in mind" seemed to indicate the end result was already decided on...
I think he posted that because one person (myself) posted something like, "COP's are weak and I can't come up with anything good" and another person posted a deck that didn't use all five. He wanted to demonstrate that it was possible to use all five of the original COP's in a deck...

D

DarthFerret

Oversoul said:
I think he posted that because one person (myself) posted something like, "COP's are weak and I can't come up with anything good" and another person posted a deck that didn't use all five. He wanted to demonstrate that it was possible to use all five of the original COP's in a deck...

Exactly. You hit the head right on the nail. My original point was to use all five colors in the deck (not a sideboard, and not just one or two.) I am also using this contest for a very selfish nature. I have decks that revolve around the cards I am posting. I am looking for different ideas that might help alter my decks. I am also posting the contest using these cards because I know that most of my favorite decks are very unorthodox and those cards in the decks make for a very interesting and diverse topic in a contest such as this...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see. Yeah, I would have thought of a Hack deck, but I wouldn't call the deck DarthFerret posted being based around the CoPs, especially since you only use one of each. I was thinking that to be based around the card, you try to include the card as much as possible, so either in 3s or 4s, which is why I said an Animate Enchantment with enhancing enchantments/artifacts deck. :)