Similarities between Magic creatures and Mage Knight/Warhammer/other warriors...?

S

Sammy Dead-O

I'm working on a Magic miniatures game, and I hope to repaint some miniatures from other games to make it a bit more fun. So far, I'm planning on repainting a Royal Pikeman (Mage Knight) to resemble a Llanowar Knight.

Do any of you have any recommendations on miniatures that could be made to look like Magic creatures?

S

Sammy Dead-O

I just looked at it...

My apologies for the HUGE topic title...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the fantasy creatures from Warhammer can be "converted" to Magic. Like the Dragon, Ogre, Troll, Unicorn, Beastmen can probably be Minotaurs...

S

Sammy Dead-O

I guess my best bet is to wander through the Warhammer aisles and see what strikes me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently, they keep coming out with new models (kinda like Magic :)) so also check ebay or places that keep out-of-stock stuff to get ideas.

R

Rando

Why don't you just go through the discount racks of all the game stors you can find and use the Magic: The Gathering minitures that they used to produce.

They're not bad, but the selection is limited, esspecially since they have not been made for about 5 years.

Some that I have, and that I remember seeing:

Mahomiti Djinn
Ragman
Ironclaw orcs
Brother's of fire
The dude in the Library of Leng picture
Clay statue

...Thee's more, but I can't recall what. Check e-bay.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I didn't even realize there were Magic miniatures! I'll try to track some down.

I bought some Warhammer goblins today. I think they'll work nicely.

Thanks, y'all!