Signaling?

B

BuiltByKevlar

I have read a lot of articles on drafting and they all mention the importance of signaling, but none of them explain what it is or what it means or how to do it. I am going to a draft at 6:30 EST and if anyone can explain it to me before then I will be forever indebted to you.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, I'm not sure what signaling TECHNICALLY is, but I know this from readings what pros say about drafting.

Judging by what type of cards are being passed to you in the first couple of picks, you can determine by what colors are and aren't available which colors the person to your left is taking. Then, if you remember how what you immediately passed to your right, when the second pack comes, you can pretty much guess by what kinds of cards are not present what the player to your right has taken. It's complicated, but pros understand it.

Another thing that may be is that some players may actually have discreet signals to other players telling them what not to draft and what to draft. It may be as discreet as putting the cards in a certain order when you pass them to your buddy on the right to let him know what not to take in the second pack.

I don't approve of either method, but it is practiced.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BuiltByKevlar

Thank you very much. I am assuming that there is no talking or notifying of any kind during the draft. The first method sounds less complicated.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Perhaps it's less complicated, but the second way can benefit you more it your friends are sitting beside you.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BuiltByKevlar

Thats very true. Thank you so much for all of your tips.

D

dwarven_anarchist

I believe Signaling is best described by Ransac's first definition. It serves to help you to get a better group of cards in your colors/color.

O

orgg

Signaling can be best described as 'don't take something just because-- take your colors and make sure to look and see what colors arn't being taken.'