Siege Lady [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I already did Shadowborn Apostles with the original Lady Orca back in May of this year (2022). Now that there's a new Lady Orca out with an ability that has an obvious Shadowborn Apostle synergy, I'm returning to this concept. There's a lot of overlap with the older deck, with the chief difference being that this one is better.

Commander:
1 Orca, Siege Demon

1 Badlands
1 Blood Crypt
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Culling the Weak
1 Dark Ritual
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Diabolic Intent
1 Fling
1 Harvester of Souls
1 Imperial Seal
1 Jeweled Lotus
1 Kardur, Doomscourge
1 Liliana's Contract
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Living Death
1 Mana Crypt
1 Marsh Flats
2 Mountain
1 Necropotence
1 No Rest for the Wicked
1 Patriarch's Bidding
1 Phyrexian Altar
1 Polluted Delta
1 Rakdos, the Showstopper
1 Razaketh, the Foulblooded
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Rune-Scarred Demon
35 Shadowborn Apostle
1 Sire of Insanity
1 Sol Ring
1 Songs of the Damned
1 Soul's Fire
1 Strip Mine
20 Swamp
1 Taborax, Hope's Demise
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Thrumming Stone
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Village Rites
1 Wasteland
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Yawgmoth's Will

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Only played this once so far. Used Diabolic Intent to find Thrumming Stone and Sol Ring to cast it early, then deployed 34 Shadowborn Apostles. Opponents couldn't kill them, so I won on my next turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought that this deck was pretty hot stuff, but then I tried it again. Well, maybe the deck is. But today was just bad. I was excited because here I was showing up at the shop with not just one, but two brand new decks. Played both new decks first, then this one. Then this one again. Every game was miserable. This deck was horribly mana-screwed, with me sitting on just two lands for most of the game. The next attempt was a bit better, but still lackluster. I might have been able to stabilize, but I always had fewer than six Shadowborn Apostles and kept playing them out, thinking I'd use Patriarch's Bidding or something. I never even got enough mana to cast Patriarch's Bidding!

Part of the reason I even played this deck was so that I could get a few more reps with it before taking it apart. My initial impression was that it was very strong, and I didn't want to have too many fast, powerful decks. Well, after the garbage fire performances today, I know I can't take this deck apart just yet. Redemption must be found.