Shrieking Mogg

N

NeuroDeus

Shrieking Mogg
1R
Creature - Goblin
1/1
Haste.
When Shrieking Mogg comes into play tap all other creatures.
You have to admire its enthusiasm.

What do you people think of this card. In combination with a Bloodlust or Giant Growth or both this guy packs a bit of damage. His tapping ability may come very useful in certain circumstances...

S

superguy

I'm pretty sure it was used in one of the decks (maybe even the winning one) in a contest that Chaos Turtle had, and if I remember correctly, it's pretty good with Moggcatcher and Rishadan Pwanshop. I think that's a pretty good way to stall Fires. What else? Well, Kyren Negotiations can be a way to win with a deck like that, tapping the Mogg and whatever other creatures you have in play for damage. Furious Assault can be fueled by this combo. Any other ideas?

G

Gerode

I have Shrieking Mogg in my Sneak Attack deck. No defense? Pay R during my opponent's turn and they can't attack! It may also work well with Fires. Play Mogg then Sap Burst, take an undefended 13 points of damage.

C

Cateran Emperor

Shrieking Mogg aka "THUNdah Mogg!" is better than he seems. One of my favorite decks was my insane Reckless Assault deck:

4 Shrieking Mogg
4 Reckless Assuault
4 Moggcatcher
4 Goblin King
4 Goblin Marshal
4 Gobln Lackey

4 Rishadan Pawnshop
4 Relentless Assault
4 Reckless Abandon
4 Landslide

4 Sandstone Needle
16 Mountain

Ah, the insane amounts of fun this deck was. If you can't see the combo, it's Mogg + Moggcatcher + Relentless Assault for insane amounts of damage.

Silly? Yes! Insane? You bet! And most assuredly fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't Thundermare do the same thing, although with a higher cc and p/t? So is the Shrieking Mogg preferred because of it's low cc (I don't know if Standard legality is also an issue)?

L

Lotus Mox

Shrieking Mogg can be searched out instantly via Moggcatcher, to tap all creatures during your opponents turn.
His main use is as a creature control card not as beatdown, so it doesn't matter that he's quite weak compared to the Thundermare.