Shrieking Mogg

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by NeuroDeus, Mar 15, 2001.

1. NeuroDeus Doctor Wundindlinyg

Shrieking Mogg
    1R
    Creature - Goblin
    1/1
    Haste.
    When Shrieking Mogg comes into play tap all other creatures.
    You have to admire its enthusiasm.

What do you people think of this card. In combination with a Bloodlust or Giant Growth or both this guy packs a bit of damage. His tapping ability may come very useful in certain circumstances...
  2. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

I'm pretty sure it was used in one of the decks (maybe even the winning one) in a contest that Chaos Turtle had, and if I remember correctly, it's pretty good with Moggcatcher and Rishadan Pwanshop. I think that's a pretty good way to stall Fires. What else? Well, Kyren Negotiations can be a way to win with a deck like that, tapping the Mogg and whatever other creatures you have in play for damage. Furious Assault can be fueled by this combo. Any other ideas?
  3. Gerode Becoming a Lurker Again

I have Shrieking Mogg in my Sneak Attack deck. No defense? Pay R during my opponent's turn and they can't attack! It may also work well with Fires. Play Mogg then Sap Burst, take an undefended 13 points of damage.
  4. Cateran Emperor Passed On

Shrieking Mogg aka "THUNdah Mogg!" is better than he seems. One of my favorite decks was my insane Reckless Assault deck:

4 Shrieking Mogg
    4 Reckless Assuault
    4 Moggcatcher
    4 Goblin King
    4 Goblin Marshal
    4 Gobln Lackey

4 Rishadan Pawnshop
    4 Relentless Assault
    4 Reckless Abandon
    4 Landslide

4 Sandstone Needle
    16 Mountain

Ah, the insane amounts of fun this deck was. If you can't see the combo, it's Mogg + Moggcatcher + Relentless Assault for insane amounts of damage.

Silly? Yes! Insane? You bet! And most assuredly fun.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Doesn't Thundermare do the same thing, although with a higher cc and p/t? So is the Shrieking Mogg preferred because of it's low cc (I don't know if Standard legality is also an issue)?
  6. Lotus Mox New Member

Shrieking Mogg can be searched out instantly via Moggcatcher, to tap all creatures during your opponents turn.
    His main use is as a creature control card not as beatdown, so it doesn't matter that he's quite weak compared to the Thundermare.