Should Tribond Stickys stay or go?

Should I keep stickys for Tribond?

• Yes, keep both Question and Answer/Score!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but just keep the Question.

• Yes, but just keep the Answer/Score.

• No, it's not necessary.

• Don't care either way.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
At the suggestion of a Tribond player in reaction to the removal of the stickys for Tribond, I have decided to ask the public on their opinion of them.

My reasoning behind using them was to keep the players notified of the question and answers/scores of the current question. Some people log on and don't have time to answer it or skip the forum their first time in or whatever. I realize this seems "preferential" to the other games going on in here, although my question post is locked so people don't accidently publicly post their answers in there, so it can fall off the radar pretty quick.

In the Suggestions forum, three members have voiced their dislike to the use of stickys, stating that it was annoying not to have the most current threads on top when they log on and Tribond really isn't a topic worthy of "stickyness" :)

So what say you? Everyone can vote; it doesn't matter if you play or not since everyone views the result of the sticky. The poll will be open until Friday, 4/13.

G

Gerode

You think your game is more special than all the others? ;)

S

sageridder

I don't think he's saying that.The other games have people posting,this one needs you to pm.That causes it to drop from the top quickly,and it isn't marked with a dot either since you don't post.:p

S

Sammy Dead-O

I think it's good to stick the question. It does drop pretty fast, after all. Of course, I can't speak for those who don't play the game (or even the others who do, for that matter).

E

EricBess

It's not a question of one game being more special than others. For example, Baskil updates his game on a daily basis, so it stays near the top automatically. I don't participate in a lot of the other games, so I really don't know how big of a problem dropping is with them.

Personally, I don't think there are enough games out there to be worried about this. For games that get updated on a regular basis, leave them alone. For games that get updated once a week, tell Spidey and he can make those sticky too. But only make it sticky if it is locked.

I also don't think that it is an issue with the answers because you only look at the answers once. I will sometimes look at the question and not have time to deal with it, so I need to look at it again the next day when I do. It's nice to have it up as a reminder that I may not have answered yet.

F

fuzzy510

With the stickies, the name of the last person to post is the name of the last person to post in the stickied thread. I look at those names, and I might not even look in the entire forum, just because the name is the same.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Fuzzy: You could always look at the new post/old post icon near the name of a forum. Yellow means that there have been posts since your last visit; gray means that there have not.

I really don't have much of an opinion, as I don't go to this forum often. However, I would like to say that you should probably avoid stickies in most other forums; in the case of Tribond, it will get moved quickly downward because no one will post in it. However, in a forum like CPA/Magic Issues, which is suddenly very very small (with about 5 threads at a time), they aren't necessary.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you might need to Refresh your screen, fuzzy, because I just looked when TICM was the last to post in this Sticky and it had myself as the last poster in this forum. So I'm not sure what you're looking at or referring to; I don't have that problem - I get the correct last poster for the forum.

C

Chernobyl Hamster

i'm sorry, i'm just a lowly radioactive newbie. WHAT IN HELL IS A TRIBOND STICKY?

G

Gerode

Tribond is a game that we are playing.

A sticky makes a thread topic stay at the top of the window.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like the majority want a Sticky, and of those who answered "yes", the majority just want the question to Stick. Thanks to all who participated! :)