Shipwrecked - card 10

E

EricBess

Now that he has his cockroach for companionship, Spidey backs off a bit and doesn't stop the bidding until the second play:

Gerode: Pass
rkoelsch: Strike
Spiderman: Stop
Jigglypuff: Pass

rkoelsch, however, jumps in and takes the card for 4 gems. The mystery card turns out to be....(excuse me while I grab the cards)...FOOD. More specifically, Rats (green-20-2).

That also bumps his income up to 4. Since it is his "turn", he goes to 6 gems and immediately back up to 10.

Current turn: rkoelsch (4 income)

Gems/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 9 / Lean-to (tan-20-2), People (purple-50-0), Stream (blue-40-1) (110 pts)
rkoelsch: 10 / Lizard (purple-20-2), Rats (green-20-2) (40 pts)
Spiderman: 10 / Cricket (purple-10-2) (10 pts)
Jigglypuff: 9 / Wild Boar (green-50-0) , Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Cave (tan-30-1) (90 pts)

Sold Resources: none

Continuing the Food source trend, you will now be bidding on Fruit (green-30-1). This is just short of allowing Jugglypuff to win with 100 points of green, and just short of allowing Gerode to win with 150 points total. However, it could certainly put a couple of people very close.

Bids are due Tuesday, April 30th. Also, I wanted to impliment a "no-show" policy. If I haven't received a bid by the morning of the due date, I'll send out a reminder. If the bid is not in by the time I post the next round (hopefully the next morning at the latest - my schedule has been a bit odd of late), the will not participate in the bid. However, since part of the game is that you can get stuck with a resource you really don't want, they will pay a penalty of 3 gems.

Just to clarify, however, that has never actually been an issue. Everyone has always managed to get their bids in in time. I just want to have a policy in place in case the issue ever comes up.