Shipwrecked 2 - Finale

E

EricBess

Both rkoelsch and Spiderman go agressive, stopping the bid at 4 gems. Gerode also played a stop. Would have been interesting to have a 4-way bidlock, don't you think ;)

Gerode: Stop
Spiderman: Stop
rkoelsch: Stop
Jigglypuff: Strike

Unfortunatly for everyone except Jigglypuff, he played Strike right then and gets the bid, selling his Dew for the extra gems that he needs. That leaves the situation like this:

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 8-2 / Parrot (purple-30-1), Fruit (green-30-1) (60 pts)
Spiderman: 8-6 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0), Lizard (purple-20-2), Rats (green-20-2) (100pts)
rkoelsch: 5-4 / Palm Leaf (tan-10-2), Wild Boar (green-50-0), Cricket (purple-10-2) (70pts)
Jigglypuff: 0-1 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0), People (purple-50-0) (130pts)

Sold to bank: Cave (tan-30-1), Dew (blue-10-2)

Well, this was a hidden resource, but if you look over who owns what, you will notice that all of the 10-point resources (Bugs and Slugs, Palm Leaf, Cricket, and Dew) have already been claimed, which means whatever the hidden resource is, it is worth at least 20 points, pushing Jigglypuff over the threshhold. For the record, it turned out to be a Hut (tan-40-1), meaning:

Jigglypuff: 0-2 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0), People (purple-50-0), Hut (tan-40-1) (170pts)

Thanks to everyone for playing. This actually ended at a good time because I am leaving on vacation Monday morning. I'll have my computer with me and I'll have occasional access to the internet, but I didn't really want to take the game with :p

Regardless, It's been fun. I think I'll see if we have enough interest in another game of What Were You Thinking when I get back. In the meantime, I'll need to come up with some great question ideas.

Congratulations to Jigglypuff and a valient attempt by everyone else.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd definetly play a game of What Were You Thinking.

R

rkoelsch

I guess I wasn't aggressive enough. Congrats. Good Game

J

Jigglypuff

Yay for me!!:D

I've never hard of What Were You Thinking?, but I'd love to try it out.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's the first game that EricBess ran here. You'll probably have to do a search in the General Gaming forum though, as it happened before I split the forums. Basically, he gives a question, you answer with multiple answers (like what top 5 things would you bring on an island), and then you get points for each answer that matches other players. And the points are determined by how many people answered that way (if an answer occurred three times, it's worth three points). THEN, the top three? or so scorers for that round get "overall" points and the person with the highest "overall" points wins after x rounds or reaching a certain score.

Lots o' fun.