Shipwrecked 2 - Card 5

E

EricBess

Only Jigglypuff wanted to try to get it for 4 (or more) gems, stopping the bidding with his second bid. However, at least two of the four players decided that they wanted to try to protect against someone else getting it early.

Gerode: Strike
Spiderman: Pass
rkoelsch: Strike
Jigglypuff: Stop

Since there were two Strike bids, they cancel each other out and Jigglypuff takes the Artesian Well for 4 gems.

Since it is Jigglypuff's turn immediately, he pays 4 gems for the well and receives 1 back from his income. The Well has a 0 income, so he doesn't get any additional there.

Current turn: Jiggleypuff (1 income)

I just realized I have been neglecting to update total income on the resource list. Not sure it really helps much because each resource lists its own income, but still...

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 15-0 / none
Spiderman: 8-2 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0) (60pts)
rkoelsch: 15-0 / none
Jigglypuff: 7-1 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0) (90 pts)

Thus we move on to the next resource up for grabs. Looks like we're sticking with water, but moving to the other end of the spectrum. Dew (blue-10-2). Low value, high income. How much are you willing to spend for Dew?

Bids are due Thursday.

J

Jigglypuff

How come my well doesn't make any income? Can't I charge people to drink from it? Isn't water a premium on a desert island? YOU PEOPLE NEED MY WATER!!!!

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

LOL

Actually, I was thinking that same thing when I put this post up. The Well is very valuable, but no income. Dew, on the other hand...Income of 2. That makes sense, right? :D

Obviously, it's for mathematical reasons, but it just seems a bit ironic.

I think what it must be is that you are all greedy gluttons. You have a well and you'll be darned if you're going to share it. Anyone want to buy some dew? :p

J

Jigglypuff

Well if my Well is worth nothing to you dehydrated people out there, I guess I will keep it all to myself.

::grabs his shotgun and prepares to guard his Well zealously::

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

Oh, I see. Of course, that means he wasn't allowed to bring any bullets... :p

J

Jigglypuff

Don't worry guys, I made some bullets out of coconuts. Be careful, they're lethal!!!!!!!!!

(- Steve -)