Shipwrecked 2 - Card 5

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by EricBess, May 28, 2002.

1. EricBess Active Member

Only Jigglypuff wanted to try to get it for 4 (or more) gems, stopping the bidding with his second bid. However, at least two of the four players decided that they wanted to try to protect against someone else getting it early.

Gerode: Strike
    Spiderman: Pass
    rkoelsch: Strike
    Jigglypuff: Stop

Since there were two Strike bids, they cancel each other out and Jigglypuff takes the Artesian Well for 4 gems.

Since it is Jigglypuff's turn immediately, he pays 4 gems for the well and receives 1 back from his income. The Well has a 0 income, so he doesn't get any additional there.

Current turn: Jiggleypuff (1 income)

I just realized I have been neglecting to update total income on the resource list. Not sure it really helps much because each resource lists its own income, but still...

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
    Gerode: 15-0 / none
    Spiderman: 8-2 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0) (60pts)
    rkoelsch: 15-0 / none
    Jigglypuff: 7-1 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0) (90 pts)

Thus we move on to the next resource up for grabs. Looks like we're sticking with water, but moving to the other end of the spectrum. Dew (blue-10-2). Low value, high income. How much are you willing to spend for Dew?

Bids are due Thursday.
  2. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

How come my well doesn't make any income? Can't I charge people to drink from it? Isn't water a premium on a desert island? YOU PEOPLE NEED MY WATER!!!!

(- Steve -)
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Hey, I just squeeze some of my Bugs N Slugs for liquid nutrients... Mmmm.... :D
  4. EricBess Active Member

LOL

Actually, I was thinking that same thing when I put this post up. The Well is very valuable, but no income. Dew, on the other hand...Income of 2. That makes sense, right? :D

Obviously, it's for mathematical reasons, but it just seems a bit ironic.

I think what it must be is that you are all greedy gluttons. You have a well and you'll be darned if you're going to share it. Anyone want to buy some dew? :p
  5. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Well if my Well is worth nothing to you dehydrated people out there, I guess I will keep it all to myself.

::grabs his shotgun and prepares to guard his Well zealously::

(- Steve -)
  6. EricBess Active Member

I don't remember bidding for a shotgun :D
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That must have been his one "personal" item he was allowed to bring :D
  8. EricBess Active Member

Oh, I see. Of course, that means he wasn't allowed to bring any bullets... :p
  9. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Don't worry guys, I made some bullets out of coconuts. Be careful, they're lethal!!!!!!!!!

(- Steve -)