Shipwrecked 2 - card 15

E

EricBess

What I didn't point out last time, that was pointed out to me by someone, is that Jigglypuff has 90 points in purple. As such, he could have sold 50 points of resources to get the Cricket and it still would have been enough to win.

Of course, all that is assuming to deadlock and he could have actually found a moment to safely stop or strike. As it is, appearance seems to indicate that he chose to play it safe, Striking when the bid got to 3 gems, which is exactly when rkoelsch decided to stop the bidding.

Gerode: Strike
Spiderman: Pass
rkoelsch: Stop
Jigglypuff: Strike

Fortunately for everyone (and more specifically for rkoelsch), Gerode chose to strike at that moment as well, leaving rkoelsch to win the bid and the game goes on.

Current turn: Spiderman (income 6)

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 8-2 / Parrot (purple-30-1), Fruit (green-30-1) (60 pts)
Spiderman: 8-6 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0), Lizard (purple-20-2), Rats (green-20-2) (100pts)
rkoelsch: 5-4 / Palm Leaf (tan-10-2), Wild Boar (green-50-0), Cricket (purple-10-2) (70pts)
Jigglypuff: 3-3 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0), Dew (blue-10-2), People (purple-50-0) (140pts)

Sold to bank: Cave (tan-30-1)

Spiderman, whose income just gave him a huge boost didn't mention any interest in the Cave, so we go to one of the six remaining resources and find... the final hidden resouce. Six resources remain. I won't list them, but you should be able to figure out their colors and values by determining what is missing. I'll leave it up to you to determine the risks.

Remember, the games not over til it's over. The possibility of bidlock always exists, which can really rob a person of resources, especially at this point in the game when gems are scarce.

Bids are due Tuesday, just in case people are gone for the holiday, but hopefully, we can get them before then.