Shipwrecked 2 - Card 13 bidlock

E

EricBess

...hopefully someone else will stop Jigglypuff.
Hopefully, the person who said this won't mind me sharing it.

Everyone suddenly went into defence mode. Nobody wanted to stop early I'm guessing because they were afraid JigglyPuff would strike. So, the bidding didn't stop until the 2 gem level, at which point, everyone except Gerode decided to stop the bidding. Since Gerdode didn't Strike at that moment, we go to the tie-breaker, being the number of passes played up to that point. We reveal all items played by everyone except Gerode, since he didn't play a Stop, either:

Gerode: Pass
Spiderman: Pass, Strike, Pass, Stop
rkoelsch: Pass, Stop, Strike, Stop
Jigglypuff: Pass, Strike, Pass, Stop

rkoelsch made a comment about it being a conspiracy :D. But in the end, it was Spidey's comment about someone else stopping Jigglypuff that was so ironic because rkoelsch only played one Pass card to Spidey and JP's two.

As such, Gerode and rkoelsch get to sit back and relax while the other two lose 2 gems each and get to duke it out for the Rats in the bidlock round.

Current turn: JigglyPuff (bidlock - no additional income)

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 6-2 / Parrot (purple-30-1), Friut (green-30-1) (60 pts)
Spiderman: 2-5 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0), Lizard (purple-20-2), Cave (tan-30-1) (110pts)
rkoelsch: 8-2 / Palm Leaf (tan-10-2), Wild Boar (green-50-0) (60pts)
Jigglypuff: 3-3 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0), Dew (blue-10-2), People (purple-50-0) (140pts)

Just a reminder to Jigglypuff and Spiderman, you are still bidding for the Rats (green-20-2). Remember that if you play a Stop or a Strike when you wouldn't have enough gems, you need to tell me what you want to sell. You do not have to sell the same thing throughout. For example, you might decide that you want to sell one card if you get it for 5 gems, but a different card if you get it for 4. Just let me know with your bids as I suspect that something will probably be getting sold back to the bank this round.

Gerode, since it will be your turn next, look over Spidey and Jigglypuff's cards and let me know if there are any cards that you would prefer to bid for instead of the top card of the deck. If you prefer, you can wait until their bid is over to see what does or does not get sold.

Bids for Spiderman and Jigglypuff due on Monday, but I'd really like to see what happens before then :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
but I'd really like to see what happens before then
Sorry, I was out Friday. And it's good to see someone else thought alike in terms of bidding... maybe I've gotten the hang of this game. :)

Can you refresh my memory on the "selling one of my own cards"? How do I know how much I'll get for it? Do I just nominate a card to sell and if I win the bid for the Rats, I just sell it? Thanks.

E

EricBess

Sure, I'll refresh how it works.

Each card has a point value. The point value is directly related to the value of the card. For example, a 20 point card can be sold for 2 gems, etc.

When you bid, you submit Pass, Stop, and Strikes. Any time you submit a Stop or a Strike, there is a possibility that you will have to pay gems, either because you win the bid or hit a bidlock. If you do not have enough gems at that point, you must sell a resource you currently own.

So, when you submit your bid, at any point you have a Stop or Strike where you don't have enough gems, you need to tell me which resource card(s) you will sell if you win the bid at that level. If the bid goes beyond that level or never gets to that level, you will still keep all of your resources. What's more, you may have a different resource to sell based on when you win the bid. For example, if you are trying to keep as many points in resources as possible and you have 2 gems, you might want to sell a 30-point resource if you win the bid for 5 gems, and a 10-point resource if you win the bid for 3 gems.

Let me know if this clears things up or if you still have questions.