Shipwrecked 2 - Card 11

E

EricBess

Well, we have some hungry players apparently. Gerode alone stopped the bidding at 4 gems.

Gerode: Stop
Spiderman: Strike
rkoelsch: Strike
Jigglypuff: Pass

Spiderman and rkoelsch meanwhile, try to take it away from him, but they end up fighting in a corner and Gerode makes off with the goods, evening things up quite a bit I might say.

Current turn: Spiderman (income 4)

Gems-Income/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 6-2 / Parrot (purple-30-1), Friut (green-30-1) (60 pts)
Spiderman: 9-4 / Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Tree House (tan-50-0), Lizard (purple-20-2) (80pts)
rkoelsch: 6-2 / Palm Leaf (tan-10-2), Wild Boar (green-50-0) (60pts)
Jigglypuff: 6-3 / Monkey (purple-40-1), Artesian Well (blue-50-0), Dew (blue-10-2) (90 pts)

So, to summarize, no one has broken 100 pts yet. Jigglypuff is the only one with more than 50 points in the same color, so if we see the 40-pt blue card, he could win with it, but other than that, its a battle to the end. Everyone except Spiderman has 6 gems. So, tight play will become important, but anyone could get an advantage by picking up the right card.

Remember, you can sell resources if you run out of gems. That can be a good strategy to remember. For example, sell a lesser resource to give you those extra few gems you need to get the resource that can help you win. Or, sell one color resource to consolodate colors in the hopes of leveraging a 100-point victory.

Okay, so, what will we bid on this round? I'll consult the cards....

Oh what fun, another hidden resource. I can't think of a better time than with the current state of the game to shake things up. :D

Bids are due Tuesday.