Shards of Alara Previews

M

mythosx

wow. Just wow. Big fat meanies that are gonna be a pain to deal with.

B

BigBlue

Dragon decks got that much tougher...

It seems to me they are previewing a ton of rares though...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spearbreaker Behemoth is somewhat cool as a utility creature. Where Ancients Tread is crap. I'll stick with my Pandemonium.

M

mythosx

pandemonium is better of course. But where ancients tread is one sided.

M

mythosx

Hmm..these cards aren't terribly dangerous at face value. But they look fun to play....

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I don't mind playing with maindeck Naturalize (also getting reprinted in ALA), especially if it reads "destroy target artifact, enchantment or creature". Still a pity they didn't reprint Viridian Zealot in tenth edition (speaking about zealot, it's still a pity they put that extra 1 in it's activation cost).

M

mythosx

I imagine this thing going for 3 dollar a pop the first week its out, and only going higher.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I doubt it. Flores is supposedly always previewing tournament staples. This might or might not be true, however I think you could make a point that the cards he previews are always hyped.

R

Rakarth

I can't help feeling that they are trying to print cards that make the game a little bit too easy sometimes. Like showing us the Devoted Druid/Quillspike combo, I wish they would really try and take some time to look at the older sets and balance the new ones a bit better :(

I kind of feel like they are really trying to impress us too much, like a bird grabbing all the shiny things it can find and taking them back to it's nest. I don't need to have insanely cheap creatures that have mega abilities and are 10/10's on top of that.

I want actual drawbacks to my cards that are epic because then I can find a good way around them that makes me feel happy when I play a deck with it in and it works! I don't know what everyone else feels but I'm falling out of love with the newer sets. I feel like I can't play them alongside older sets because they aren't fun to play. I've self-banned Lorwyn and Morningtide from play because they are no fun to play with :(

[/moan]

Rakarth