September 28, 2015 Banned/Restricted Announcement

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Another prisoner exchange, but as things go, this is an improvement. I was almost expecting another "no changes" but DTT was getting pretty ridiculous and warped the format much more than Treasure Cruise ever did. The Black Vise unban is years overdue, but better late than never.

Chalice of the Void restricted in Vintage
Dig Through Time restricted in Vintage
Thirst for Knowledge unrestricted in Vintage
Well, that certainly changes things. I'm mainly interested in Ritual-based decks, and they were only slightly better positioned than the worst spot they'd ever been in, so hopefully this makes things a little easier for them...

Melkor

This will be the first time that I have more than an academic interest in the Legacy banned list, as some friends and I will be going to GP Seattle. Of course my only knowledge of the Legacy meta-game is what I read online. Everyone seems to be saying that the DTT ban hurts Omni-Tell the most, but given the somewhat nebulous distinction between control and aggro in Legacy, I have no idea what decks it helps the most.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The deck that it most obviously helps in the short term is Shardless Control. Also, Sneak and Show looks to be the S&T deck of choice again.