Sept 2005 B/R Announcement

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought they had already declared Imperial Seal and Personal Tutor would be restricted in Vintage (when Portal became legal). I wonder if Cruel Tutor will make it into any decks (even though it sucks worse than Imperial Seal).

Unrestricting Mind over Matter was a good move. I have no qualms with the change (there are a few other cards that may or may not deserve unrestriction, but I can understand taking it slowly) to Vintage. I do wish that Mind over Matter had been also been unbanned in Legacy.

I might have missed something, but if not, the only change the Legacy banned list has EVER undergone was the thing with Imperial Seal. Does the DCI think the current banned list is picture-perfect? Are they considering changing it but testing for what exactly should and should not be removed (a nice policy, but after all this time it is starting to seem unlikely)? Do they just not care?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think there was speculation on players part that the Seals would be restricted.

Since Legacy is still in its infancy and they just had the Championships at Gen Con, my guess is that so far, they see nothing wrong with it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I think there was speculation on players part that the Seals would be restricted.

Since Legacy is still in its infancy and they just had the Championships at Gen Con, my guess is that so far, they see nothing wrong with it.
Maybe they think someone will squeeze MoMa into High Tide and break the deck (I don't).

The strange thing is, I was looking at the b/r lists on the site today, and the Legacy banned list is a broken link (actually it leads to WotC's main page). I guess they took it down to add the Imperial Seal change and didn't put it back up or something...