Selesnya Evangel

R

ronbot

Selesnya Evangel GW

1, {t}, tap and untapped creature you control: Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token into play
1/2

I'm currently in love with the whole G/W token convoke strategy, but I'm feeling slightly ripped off. I mean cmon, U/B has a card that cost 2 and mills TEN cards! granted it's rare but please. scatter the seeds? good, but common and not THAT great.

My current method for utilizing this card is running it with scatter the seeds and just forcing out as many creatures as possible. I think the card should be {t}: put a 1/1 sap into play ect, ect... but the card is what it is.

There has to be a way to make this card faster. The only card I could think of is inturder alarm but i only play standard (i like the smaller card pool, i'm more comfortable with it).

Any ideas or suggestions?

N

Notepad

Sadly, I'd say its kind of a dead card. Just not so appealing to tap out two critters just to make a mere saproling. I wish I could use the card, myself, but have figured using Kjeldoran Outpost is just leaps and bounds better. And only needs one color commitment.

N

Nightstalkers

Also remember that convoke becomes interesting.

The thing with selesnya is that you have to work with it to get going. Your best bet is to try for throwing out your Doubling Season or two and then have some way to quickfire production of your saprolings.

After a bit, you should be able to throw down an Hour or Reckoning or something.