Second Singleton Draft, Round 5: Melkor vs Modus Pwnens

M

Modus Pwnens

Platinum Angel gets removed.
I'll get rid of the Oona, and then I'm done.
The disadvantage of Bob is that I knew you had the Drain, so I could bait it with the Crucible, which is fairy useless while I don't have the Strip Mine. I had Duplicant since the start of the game, if it's any comfort to you ;)

Melkor: 12
Hand: 4
Library: 25
In Play:

(T) (T) (U) (U) Island x4
(T) Swamp x1
(U) Underground Sea x1

(U) Painter's Servant (1/3, Choose a color, all cards are the chosen color in addition to their other colors) Blue
(U) Faerie Rogue (1/1, flying)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Impulse, Annul, Mana Drain, Dark Confidant
RFG: Oona, Queen of the Fae

Modus Pwnens: 16 15?
Hand: 3
Library: 30
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(U) Ancient Tomb
(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature. Play only during end of combat step)
(T) Volcanic Island

Pithing Needle (As ~ comes into play, name a card. Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can't be played unless they're mana abilities) *Grindstone*
(T) Basalt Monolith (T: 3, 3: Untap ~)
(S) Duplicant (5/5, eats dudes)

Graveyard: Solemn Simulacrum, Crucible of Worlds
RFG: Platinum Angel, Epochrasite (1/1, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) 2 time counters

Melkor

Sure the Crucible is useless without the Strip Mine but for all I know your next draw is Strip Mine. I assumed you were baiting but just figured I'd Vampiric Tutor for an answer, which I will.

Vampiric Tutor at the end of your turn

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Swamp, Control Magic on the Duplicant, attack with Servant

Melkor: 10
Hand: 2
Library: 24
In Play:

(T) (T) Swamp x2
(U) Underground Sea x1

Control Magic (You control enchanted creature)

(T) Painter's Servant (1/3, Choose a color, all cards are the chosen color in addition to their other colors) Blue

(S) Duplicant (5/5, eats dudes) controlled

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Impulse, Annul, Mana Drain, Dark Confidant, Vampiric Tutor

Modus Pwnens: 15
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(U) Ancient Tomb
(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature. Play only during end of combat step)
(T) Volcanic Island

Pithing Needle (As ~ comes into play, name a card. Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can't be played unless they're mana abilities) *Grindstone*

RFG: Platinum Angel, Epochrasite (1/1, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) 2 time counters

Melkor

Done

In Play:

(T) (T) Swamp x2
(U) Underground Sea x1

(T) Painter's Servant (1/3, Choose a color, all cards are the chosen color in addition to their other colors) Blue

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Impulse, Annul, Mana Drain, Dark Confidant, Vampiric Tutor

Modus Pwnens: 14
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(U) Ancient Tomb
(T) Volcanic Island

M

Modus Pwnens

Assuming you just tutored for the control magic..

EOT I'll untap the Monolith

UUD.

Sundering Titan. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

As the ability resolves, I choose your Underground sea as an Island, and a Swamp as a Swamp. My Volcanic Island also hits the bin, since it's a Mountain :)

Done.

In Play:

(T) Swamp x1

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Impulse, Annul, Mana Drain, Dark Confidant, Vampiric Tutor, Underground Sea, Swamp

Modus Pwnens: 10
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(T) Ancient Tomb

(S) Sundering Titan (7/10, When ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands.)

Graveyard: Solemn Simulacrum, Crucible of Worlds, Volcanic Island
RFG: Platinum Angel, Epochrasite (1/1, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) 1 time counters

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Swamp, Done.

In Play:

(U) (U) (U) (U) Island x4
(U) (U) Swamp x2

(U) Painter's Servant (1/3, Choose a color, all cards are the chosen color in addition to their other colors) Blue

(U) Duplicant (5/5, eats dudes) controlled

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Impulse, Annul, Mana Drain, Dark Confidant, Vampiric Tutor, Underground Sea, Swamp

Modus Pwnens: 10
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(T) Ancient Tomb

(S) Sundering Titan (7/10, When ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands.)

RFG: Platinum Angel, Epochrasite (1/1, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) 1 time counters

M

Modus Pwnens

Shivan Reef.

Attack with Sundering Titan. Blocks/responses?

M

Modus Pwnens

Assuming you have no tricks up your sleave, that would mean the token dies.

Mind Slaver. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Whoah, do you even have counterspells? Done..

In Play:

(U) (U) (U) (U) Island x4
(U) (U) Swamp x2

Modus Pwnens: 8
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(T) Ancient Tomb
(T) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature. Play only during end of combat step)
(T) Shivan Reef

(T) Sundering Titan (7/10, When ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands.)
(U) Epochrasite (4/4, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 +1/+1 counters*

RFG: Platinum Angel

Melkor

Yeah, I'd say it is pretty clear that I don't play counters, really I needed to redo my deck a little for this match and of course I'm lazy so I didn't

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Grim Monolith, Chrome Mox imprinting The Abyss, attack with Duplicant, done

Hand: 0
Library: 23
In Play:

(U) (T) (U) (U) Island x4
(U) (T) Swamp x2

(U) Grim Monolith (~ does not untap during your untap phase. T: add 3 to your mana pool. 4: Untap ~)
(U) Chrome Mox (T: add B to your mana pool)

RFG: Oona, Queen of the Fae, The Abyss

Modus Pwnens: 8
In Play:

(T, T) Island
(T) Ancient Tomb
(T) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature. Play only during end of combat step)
(T) Shivan Reef

(T) Sundering Titan (7/10, When ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands.)
(U) Epochrasite (4/4, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 +1/+1 counters*

RFG: Platinum Angel

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll take it.

UUD.

Activate Mindslaver, done.

I'll update the board after I'll take your turn? :D