Second Singleton Draft, Round 4: Modus Pwnens vs Mooseman

M

Modus Pwnens

Ooh, I don't like that very much..
Eot I'll weld out my Epochrasite for Solemn, response?

M

Modus Pwnens

All right then.

UUD.
I think you're mana web is going to save you here..

Volcanic Island.
Tap everything I have for mana (12 total).
Mind Slaver, UUURRR floathing. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Use 4 mana to activate Mind Slaver and use the rest to activate my Mutavault a couple of times.
Attack with Platinum Angel for 4 and I'm done.
Anything before your turn?

Modus Pwnens: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 16
Play:

(T, T) Island
(T, T) Mountain (Got the second with Solemn)
(T) Desert (T: 1. T: ~ deals 1 damage to target attacking creature. Play this ability only during the end of combat step)
(T) Mutavault (T: 1. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 creature with all creature types until end of turn. It's still a land)
(T) Mishra's Workshop (T: 3, use this mana only to play artifact spells and activated abilities of artifacts)
(T) Volcanic Island (T: U/R)
(T) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card in your graveyard on top of your library)

(T) Izzet Signet (T: Add UR to your mana pool)

(U) Goblin Welder (1/1, T: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player simultaneously sacrifices the artifact and returns the artifact card to play)
(U) Solemn Simulacrum (2/2, when ~ comes into play, fetch a basic land and put into play tapped. when ~ leaves play, draw a card)
(U) Sundering Titan (7/10, When ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands)
(T) Platinum Angel (4/4, flying. You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game. Take that!)

GY: Fact or Fiction, Island, Mountain, Steam Vents, Mana Crypt, Thirst for Knowledge, Mind Slaver
RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, ~comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *2 time counters*

---

Mooseman: 5
Hand: 5
Library: 28
Play:

(TT) Island
(U) Mox Ruby (T:R)

Mana Web (Whenever any land target opponent controls is tapped for mana, tap all lands he or she controls that can produce any type of mana that land can produce.)
Elemental Mastery (EC,Enchanted creature has "T: Put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste into play, where X is this creature's power. Remove them from the game at end of turn." )
Umezawa's Jitte (A,Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put two charge counters on Umezawa’s Jitte. Remove a charge counter from Umezawa’s Jitte: Choose one — Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn; or target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn; or you gain 2 life.
Equip 2 )

(U) Izzet Guildmage (2/2,2U: Copy target instant spell you control with converted mana cost 2 or less. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2R: Copy target sorcery spell you control with converted mana cost 2 or less. You may choose new targets for the copy. ) ~Mastered~
(S) Coretapper (1/1,T: Put a charge counter on target artifact. Sacrifice Coretapper: Put two charge counters on target artifact. )

GY: Mountain, Island
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Bolt you for 3

Here is my hand and the draw
3UU Force of Will (,You may pay 1 life and remove a blue card in your hand from the game rather than pay Force of Will's mana cost. Counter target spell. )
R Shock (,2 Damage to target player or creature.)
1R Incinerate (I,Incinerate deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn.)
"5 Stuffy Doll (0/1,As Stuffy Doll comes into play, choose a player.
Stuffy Doll is indestructible.
Whenever damage is dealt to Stuffy Doll, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.
T: Stuffy Doll deals 1 damage to itself. )"

2U Timetwister (S,Set Timetwister aside in a new graveyard pile. Shuffle your hand, library, and graveyard together into a new library and draw a new hand of seven cards, leaving all cards in play where they are; opponent must do the same.)

Have fun, good game.....

M

Modus Pwnens

All right then, I wonder why you didn't do this, but this should indeed be over..

Sac Core Tapper to give Jitte two counters. Use both counters to kill your guildmage.
Incinerate targetting yourself, force of will incinerate pitching twister.
Tap your final island.

I untap and swing for the win?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Did I have a chance at all?

Why not use my Guildmage to fork the shock for 4 total, then sac coretapper and kill the guildmage
I'm sure you can do 1 to me.

you win and I am almost done with this deck..... one more game to lose and the suffering is over......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
oops, my bad. I thought that was the second game. Must have been Mooseman's other thread... carry on.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I really like playing, but to play the same bad deck for a whole tiurney.... now I realize why players drop from 7 or 8 round sealed events.......

Draw MT Go

Hand: 7
Library: 41
Play:

GY:
RFG:

---

Mooseman: 20
Hand: 6
Library: 36
Play:

(U)Mountain

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

UUD.

Steam Vents (tapped), done.

Library: 40
Play:

(T) Steam Vents (Island Mountain)

GY:
RFG:

---

Library: 36
Play:

(U)Mountain

GY:
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD.

Island
done.

Library: 40
Play:

GY:
RFG:

---

Library: 35
Play:

(U) Island
(U) Mountain

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

UUD.

Desert, done.

Library: 39
Play:

(U) Steam Vents (Island Mountain)
(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature, play only in end of combat step)

GY:
RFG:

---

Library: 35
Play:

(U) Island
(U) Mountain

GY:
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD.
Island
done.

Library: 39
Play:

(U) Steam Vents (Island Mountain)
(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature, play only in end of combat step)

GY:
RFG:

---

Library: 34
Play:

(UU) Island
(U) Mountain

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

That'll be all then.

Library: 38
Play:

(T) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature, play only in end of combat step)
(T) Mountain

(U) Basalt Monolith (T: 3. Doesn't untap. 3: Untap ~)

GY:
RFG:

---

Library: 34
Play:

(UU) Island
(U) Mountain

GY:
RFG: