searchin articles?

B

BigBlue

Is it possible?

I was thinking of doing a breakdown of Counters similar to what OS did w/ burn...

But, if it's already done (here), I don't want to.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There's an easily found search function, so I'm thinking maybe it isn't sophisticated enough for your purposes (or I'm just weird and noticed it when most people didn't). Go to the CPA's front page, and on the sidebar to the left click "articles." The page that comes up will have a "search" option toward the top, right next to "submit" and right below the "articles" header.

As far as what to look for, I'm not sure. I typed in "counter" and got a ton of hits, of course. There's an article I wrote a long time ago about how to beat countermagic, and it goes over some of the main threats like Force of Will, Mana Leak, and such. There's a primer from the Beyond Dominia archives on CounterPhoenix. There's a monoblue control deck that doesn't even have an actual article, just a decklist. Nothing much like what you seem to be talking about. I narrowed things down by using both "Counterspell" and "Force of Will" as the search terms, as any passable article analyzing countermagic, even if it's old, must include those cards. Nothing any closer than my article came up. I think you're good to go.

B

BigBlue

Duh.... well, I think I'm good to go too...

It's a large topic though... I'm going to break it down into categories.

I did a search on gatherer for "counter target spell".... 130+ entries...

That doesn't count the "Counter target Artifact" or "Counter target Creature"... stuff... (Counter target get's weird results.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And none of those will hit certain cards. For example, there's Counterbalance, which is a major powerhouse in Legacy right now and doesn't target the spells it counters.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's an easily found search function, so I'm thinking maybe it isn't sophisticated enough for your purposes (or I'm just weird and noticed it when most people didn't).
Heh, next time I should actually go to the articles page and see for myself before replying :rolleyes: