Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Apoc, 1 PS

• 4 Apoc

• Total voters
M

magicgirl

I'm going to a sealed tournament and I have to choose 4 booster packs from Invasion, planeshift and/or apoc.
I was thinking about getting 2 PS and 2 Apoc but I'm not sure.
I want at least 1 Apoc. booster.
We will also be using 1 Invasion deck.

Any suggestions?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd go with 3 Apocalypse 1 planeshift, but thats just me

J

Jake74

^ This is what I'd take, it gives you enough options to make a good, solid 3 color, maybe with a 4th splash...
||
||

R

Rando

Wow! They're letting you use 4 boosters? And pick your own? Actual DCI rules is only 2 boosters for Sealed Deck.

But, at any rate, for the best consistancy I'd go with 2 Invasion and 2 Planeshift. This will give you the best color choices with out screwing you up with all of the off-color cards in Apoc. If you do take any Apoc, I'd choose no more then 1. That's my advice.

H

Hetemti

At PreRe-FL, we played "SuperSealed"...7 Boosters of Apoc. They had a pile of land on a table. I've a feeling this is how they will handle sealed in the future, since there are no more Tournament Packs.

T

theorgg

This depends on what you think you'll be playing...

The best combination of colors are Red/Black/Blue due to the strong cards within those colors in Invasion.

If you would like to try it(I recommend it-- I've done well with those colors many times before) either four Apoc boosters OR one invasion/three Apoc boosters. This gives you sixty Invasion(four chances for bomb cards in those colors) and fourty-five Apoc... If you think Apoc has a better shot at giving you really playable cards, go with four of them.

Planeshift is not too bad, either, with the "gating" creatures-- but I think the raw power of Apocalypse's Red/Blue gold cards outwight the black/blue or black/red of Plainshift, personally.

Good Luck

A

arhar

Remember, the most important thing in sealed is try to make a 2-color deck, maybe splashing third color for something like a Dragon.

S

superguy

I'm with Orgg on this one.

edited: I accidentially voted for 1 Apoc 3 Ps. Ignore that :)

@

@rch Devil

2 Apocalypse 1 Invasion 1 Planeshift because people would like apocalypse as the newest set and everything and also, since apocalypse is the only opposing color themed set of these three, it would help people that want to make opposing color decks if they had a 2-2 ratio of allied and opposing color packs.