Scouts from hell

M

Major Crime

This last weekend we had a 2 night camp, missing one leader due to Glandural Fever ( I know it's spelt wrong) and one scout who was on the list, so we had 5 scouts, 1 venture and 3 leaders. Good points hot weather, camp site was only about 5 miles away. Bad points, the scouts, the scouts, reheated food on the saturday, the scouts taking an hour to put up the patrol tent, while us leaders and the venture scout got 2 store tents, one small patrol tent and to hike tents up. Asleep by one am awake at about 5.30 am.

Had fun doing the shooting, funny as did not have problems with the boys, just the guns. I kept either forgetting to take off the safety or I put it back on instead of pulling the trigger.

On Monday we had fun getting the boys and girls into (well sort of) the groups sellection of wet suits. We then carried a raft made of 6 oil drums the 2/3's of a mile to a local pond, to practice for the local towns raft race on this saturday. As long as the thunderstorms hold off we are going to practice again tonight.

The pond is great, about 30 yards by 60 and about 4 to 5 feet deep, with two foot of that as leaf mold and silt. I know as I was swimming walking in it. The wet suit I could get into has a zip which is jammed due to the metal bits corroding.