Scornful Egotist....

I

Izaryo

Everyone ignores this guy.
Like "What, a 1/1 wizard for eight mana?! Forget it"
Actually the egotist is a huuuuuuge power card because it's
mana cost. Morph it and start abusing those mana cost cards like dispersal shield and rush of knowledge.. or torrent of fire.. whahaaa
Now i like this guy...........:D :D :D

T

train

That's still too much for 8 mana...

Now if a soul sculptor was used on him, and then opalescence brought into play - that would be cool!...:D

E

EricBess

Sorry, but the Egotist just isn't worth it. It's just not a presence and the "size matters" cards don't make it better. Consider the following:

Player A: I have an Egotist and a random 3cc wizard in play. I Torrent of Fire your 8/8 creature.
Player B: Okay, in response, I'll Shock your Egotist.

And the only reason he lasted long enough was because he's not enough of a thread to worry about. Too easy to kill and no bang for the buck.

There is a redeeming factor, which I sort of touched on. He doesn't appear to be a threat so no one will take him seriously. You might be able to get a sneak hit in once or twice...

R

Rooser

Hey EB, let's not forget that the little guy could be fun in CASUAL play.

But yeah, he's not quite worth it. In fact the "size matters" cards are really only good in draft, and only in certain situations, (With all the overcosted stuff floating around, Rush of knowledge can win you the game).

N

Nightstalkers

Man... he's a 1/1 wizard and has a high normal casting cost.

and to belive that on turn three if you play anything face down, you can counter it with that card which uses the highest casting cost creature you controll

I

Izaryo

were not playing tourneys were being casual right?
if nothing else then he's fuel for voidmage prodigy:eek:

N

Nightstalkers

Heck, with the new cards you can team blue up with him, and use that 5 mana instant to give something +8/+8 until end of turn!

that would make any fyndhorn brownies a 9/9 critter!

I

Izaryo

i would use that on a somethin more useful
like a defiant elf:D

Ferret

Staff member
The card was designed to work w/ LOTS of new cards in Scourge such as the aforementioned counterspell - as well as a direct damage spell from Red. PLUS, he can also be the target of those Enchant Creature cards (you know the ones) when they're in your graveyard...

-Ferret

"Look beyond the high cost and at the cool things you can do w/ him..."

R

Rooser

If one of the green "size matters" cards gave you X colorless mana, then maybe he could see some combo play, but noooooo.

Actually, what I just realized is that if you want to be using him to combo with the "size matters" cards you'd do better to just play with your regular everyday morphs. Wouldn't you rather drop and morph an Exalted Angel or a Putrid Raptor an then go on with your Rushes of Knowledge and such? I mean, they may not be 8cc, but 6cc is still pretty good and you've got something more useful than a vanilla 1/1 on the table.