Saudi Arabia - The Anti-Pokemon Country

N

NeuroDeus

Although I would have wished for some countries like Britian or others to ban Pokemon Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates have just done it. Pokemon sh*t has completely been banned because they say it shows and uses Zionist messages and there are the Star of David which shows up in picture of a card , the symbol which belongs to the Jews, mortal 'enemies' of the Islams. GO MOHAMMEND DESTROY PIKACHU!

N

NeuroDeus

Can anybody tell me how this ended up in the General Gaming Forum? I posted this and 100% certain in the General CPA Stuff forum!

N

NeuroDeus

Ohh! I got it... I though I posted this to the General Forum and it moved to the General Stuff... ok... sorry the frak-up

D

Daggertooth

A-bu-da-bi La La La La :D Hurrah for Abudabi.

That is the coolest name for a city. I just love saying it, Abudabi.

It's sad a country would ban a little card game. It's not like a political statement or anything.

I guess it's the same as my friends Diablo CD getting destroyed by his dad all because of the devil's picture.

*sigh* whats this world comming to.

Daggertooth
*did I spell Abudabi right?*

G

Gerode

No, it's two words. I think it's Abu Dhabi.

I wonder how "Gotta Catch'em All" would sound in Arabic?

N

NeuroDeus

If you want to know how "Gotta catch em All" gets in arabic it would sound like this.

"ir-iid naq-bad-om koll-a"

and that's not exactly arabic...maltese

F

fuzzy510

Why are we bothering with this on the CPA? This is for MAGIC!!!!!!!!!! If someone has a problem with this, it should go on Wizard's Pokemon message board.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I've never really understood all the anti-Pokemon sentiments flying around. I work with kids, and it's a great game to play with them. Plus, it really has brought people into Magic; I know I probably wouldn't have immersed myself in CCGs like I have if it weren't for Pokemon. I respect opinions, and I like good-natured fun (heck, I know I'm a dork when I walk into Pokemon League with my new Wigglytuff deck in hand), but I guess I have to ask what it is that makes people hate it so. Is it genuine hatred, or is it just an "ohmigodthatsalmostasannoyingasnsync" kind of thing?

(BTW, if anyone wants to try a fun starting deck in Pokemon, check out my article in the April issue of Scrye.:))

D

Daggertooth

It's more of an immature hatred. A child when he outgrows a subject, such as a TV show, for some reason tends to hate the childish shows of his little brother. I remember when my little brother loved Power Rangers. Me and the second oldest gave him no rest of how stupid it is and how he shouldn't watch it. I'm sorry to say that I participated in that activity. It is very psychologically damaging to the sibling.

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There were a couple of anti-Pokemon threads in the Battle Arena; some serious, some not. Personally I think people like to bash it because it "shows" their commitment to Magic :rolleyes: But as I've said before in those threads (among other things which no one rebutted), if you don't like it, don't play it.

F

fuzzy510

Sorry. If you were specifically referring to the cards, I agree. The game isn't totally bad, I've seen better ones, but it's quite addicting.