Sadistic Hypnotist

T

terzarima

Sadistic Hypnotist
2b
Creature- Something
Sacrifice a Creature: Target player discards 2 cards from his/her hand. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.

I personally think this is a great card. With squirrel's nest, your opponent is dicarding 2 or more cards every turn (Note: Squirrels nest, earthcraft and goblin bombardment=death). Its great early and late in the game, so what do you think?

Z

Zadok001

Costs 3BB, and is a 2/2. He's amazing in Limited, but I'm not so sure about Constructed.

T

terzarima

l see your point, but if you're playing G/B, like I suggested, you should have very few mana, and middle to late game problems. It should show up around turn 4 or 5 and then you can just widdle you're opponents hand size down.

H

Hellion

A great fun card to play around.......but ill be very hard to use for serious tourney play.

Yes, it's great to use with breeding pit, keldjoran outpost or VERDRANT FORCE or good old Deranged Hermint......but mana acceleration is the problem to use this card effectively you need about 6-8 mana within the first 3 turns to really make this guy work.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd think you'd have other discard to use in the beginning (Duress, Hymn to Tourach, etc) and then put this guy out and the Rack and watch him take damage.

E

ElGato

I have a casual deck that revovles around this combo:

Hypnotist/Penumbra Critters/Verdant Succesion

Basically, sac a Penumbra, get a copy of the critter and a token.

So, you can get up to 4 creatures and 8 discarded cards for 0 mana, and the combo starts as soon as all the cards reach play. I'll post a deck listis anone is interested. It's quite a fun deck.