RPG list

R

Rando

Following is a list of those that said that they wanted in on the RPG.

Spiderman
Sageridder
Yellowjacket
Krichaiushii
JKA2545
Whimsical
Major Crime
Melkor
Bob
Ogg
Almindhra
Volradon

I'm sorry, but I can not take more then this.(unless you beg very, very well). If your name is on the other RPG thread BEFORE today and I missed you, then post and tell me. Sorry.

The setting I have decided on is this:
You will all start out on a ship, heading out to a strange newly discovered land, leaving behind the "Old World" for one reason or another. It is a fantasy setting, so magic is going to play a part in some way.
You may play either a member of the crew (NOT the captain), or someone that has booked passage on this ship.

That is all I have for now.
Please sign up below to confirm your part in the game, tell me who your character is and what they do.
Please limit your character selection to a generic fantasy race (ie: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome et cetera). If you really want to play something funky, please PM me so we can work something out. Some special abilities and powers are fine, but I look to you to try to keep game balance.
I reserve the right to change/remove character powers I feel are too much. And just remember that not too many people are going to hang out with an Orc or an Ogre.

I'll try to post the first thread in the story next week in the General Gaming forum.
See you there.

Killer Joe

Character Name: "Buzz" (real name unknown)/Human/has an unrealized potential to become a wizard. Once in a while and very unexpectantly he conjures up a spell and doesn't realize that he made it happen.
Character History: A drifter who adapts to his current disposition quickly. No family. A crew member of the ship (he needs the money). A long history of "bad luck" but his sense of humor keeps him going.
Charcter Behavior: Humorous, but deep inside wishing to find a permanant home, maybe in the "New World".

W

Whimsical

Hmmm ... like I always say, when in doubt, play a human. You can never go wrong playing Homo Homogenous... ;)

I, Kyriani Riadan, youngest daughter of the Riadan family have decided to book passage on this rinky-dink vessel in order to get to the "New World" and accomplish mah goals of being insanely rich, popular, wealthy, adored by the masses ... did I mention I wanted to be rich and famous?

Do not be deceived by mah ravishing looks and stunning beauty! I happen to be a champion swordswoman and am perfectly capable of taking care of mahself! Why are you laughing?! Do you think I'm lying?! So WHAT if mah sword happens to be in shoddy condition! What do you mean it looks like I've never used it before?! It's canted in the wrong angle? I'm wearing it wrong?! What's wrong with wearing a shortsword strapped diagonally across mah back?!

Humph! Peons!

<game translation>
* Normal human female
* Age 17
* Decadent background
* Self-styled "adventuress"
* Couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag
* Supposedly motivated by the desire to achieve fame and fortune in the New World
* In reality, bored as heck back home
* Ran away and booked passage for the New World because it looked like "fun"

A

Almindhra

Well...Here goes...Its pretty much what I play in D&D, oh well...

Name: Almindhra, of course...But you can't know my last name...I'm secretive...

Race/Sex: Halfling, female

Profession: I'm a theif...And because I'm a halfling it'll be easier for me to steal, so you can't always catch me...

Weapons: Hidden daggers all through out my garb...And a little bow and arrow action...

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral...Do what I want, good or bad...

Reasons for joining the boat: Fleeing from people I've cheated in some or the other...And to find new people to steal from...But you don't know any of that...

Other: For the boats sake, I'll need to do some sort of job...But I'm so little and tiny...I don't know what I could do...No, I'm not scrubbing poop stains off the walls or anything...

R

Rando

You don't have to work on the boat. You could just be a traveler booking passage on it.

D

DÛke

...why are you changing your identity?
Snake was cool, why don't you use him again?
If I play, I would use Rebrouge again.

Almindhra, you're a thief! Now I really wish I could play this game! Rebrouge, my character, is a theif too, but he's kind of wiered, and, um, stupid:), sometimes.

Out of curiosity, Rando, what would you give Rebrouge as an additional ability if I play?

I wish I could play.

Melkor

Jonathan Winters tale began in a sleepy little farming town where everyone knew everyone else and nobody ever left. Everything was going well until one day his village was attacked and destroyed by maurauders. He watched his family and friends hacked down and burned alive when their houses were torched and they couldn't get out. Fortunately or unfortunatly depending on your point of view, Jonathan survived that fateful day. After the attackers left he came out of hiding and not knowing what to do, somehow stumbled his way to a large port city about 3 days walking away. Quickly he became just another one of the shiftless vagabonds that populated that metropolis. He drowned his sorrows in drink and one night after spending the last of his life savings on whiskey he passed out, and when he woke up the next morning he found himself on a ship sailing out to the open sea. He had been forcibly impressed into service on this trading vessel. Faced with the choice between life on the ship, and death in the sea, he chose life on the ship and steadily picked up the skills of a sailor. Yet he has never overcome his loss, he goes through life in an almost perpetual haze. He has moved from ship to ship since then, serving in many capacities. He has actually grown surprisingly wealthy for a sailor, he leads a frugal life and has made smart decisions on the ships he's served on. He has signed on to serve in whatever capacity the ship captain wishes of him. As a side note among the skills he has picked up on his journeys is enough swordsmanship to defend his vessels against pirates and the like.

V

Volradon

Charachter Name: Volradon
Sex: Male
Ocupation: Assasin
Description: Trained in the most secret academies of the secieties of assasins, Volradon in highly qualified in that ancient art. His only goal in life is to gain more power for himself, without taking sides. Extremely secretive and will do anything for his purpose. Though, once paid he will finish the mission or die trying.
Reasons for Moving: Sees as a perfect opportunity to gain power.
Weapons: Mostly relies on knives up his sleves, and just about everywhere else on his body. Agile and mastered the spear, throwing knives, bow, crossbow. Considers swords the weapon of the brave, and the stupid.

P.S. Whimsical your charachter is original and should be fun to play with.

D

DÛke

Doesn't Volradon sound like a watered down version of Rebrouge or something like that:)?

I wanna play this game really bad since, NOW,
I'm not the only one who is a mercenary theif assassin who likes to gain power for himself ONLY:)!

D

DÛke

Go the Home Made Cards section, see the post "Rando, Sageridder, Django Here the RPG set".

I explained Rebrouge like he was me:).

Basically, Rebrouge is my character when we played 2 past RPG games. Everything, every single thing you need to know about Rebrouge is up there at "Rando, Sageridder, Django Here the RPG set" in the Home Made Cards section.

There:).

B

Bob

name:Bob
race:human(and your'e not changing it.)
Bio:A Benalian, who after traveling Dominia with his good friend, who died 3 years ago, who was a planeswalker,(I don't know how he died, or if he's really even dead.)He came upon Paridia, a training acedemy.(Go to paridia at http://www.MTGCRAFT.COM. It's in the forum section under RPG FORUM)
He learned to defend himself, and eventually traveled lookin for a job, and found the ship.
Reason:wants a job on the boat.

B

Bob

Weapons:Scythe, A poison tipped dagger, los of healing oils and powders hidden in a long white cloak, knows healing and a little white magic
Likes+Dislikes: Fond of Elves and Ogres, has a grudge against orcs, despises Phyrexians(probably won't be in the story anyway.) and dislikes human warriors.He considers them to be thick-headed, idiotic musclemen. He only carries a scythe and daggers for defense, and never runs into battle. he is too weak to hold a sword, and very slow with his heavy cloak, but is very smart, and wise. people say he is also rich, but no one really knows. He doesn't act like it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Name: Chakka
Race: dwarf (my favorite!)
Quirks: almost the anti-thesis of a stereotypical dwarf:

strongly dislikes ale and beer; prefers fine wine
likes riding horses instead of dinky ponies
likes elves (and coincidently, anyone/thing else)
preferred weapon is a sword
likes water - can swim and bathe
more when I think of it and when the situation comes up

On the book as a passenger just traveling the seas for now

W

Whimsical

You participated in one too many "let's see whose head is the hardest by whacking each other with warhammers" as a child, eh Spidey dahling? That'd explain your current behaviour... :D

<wonders how many more assassins are going to be jumping on the bandwagon>

Lessee ... we've got on this tub:

* An inept spell-slinger named "Buzz"
* Mindi Secretive the quarterling thief
* Belch the Gassy
* Jonathan Winters aka "Jam-packed Bio" the Swishybuckler
* Bob the Cleric (but we all know he's really a knifer in the backer type of guy ... the gooey dagger gives it all away) ;)
* Chakka the dwarf ... brother of Chakram the Screaming Round Thing That Warrior Princess' Throw
* and moi!

On a useless sidenote, the last dwarf I saw in an RPG I participated in had a nice long flowery dwarfy name. We immediately called him Kickyass. :D

Interesting mix ... maybe we should call the ship "Paella" in honor of the people on it... :)

[Edited by Whimsical on September 25th, 2000 at 12:31 PM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, it's probably because you dimension doored and "bipped" me with your mallet.... ;)

I honestly am terrible at thinking up names... I was trying to go with something like Chakka Khan (from the 80's), but can't do puns to save my life...

I also couldn't think of a weirder weapon than a sword... although a chakram fits.

I'm so bad at this... :(

:D

W

Whimsical

I have great difficulties coming with names for spur-of-the-moment occasions ... that's why I come up with a whole bunch of names when I have free time and pick and choose from the lot. It cuts the time needed to pick character names down immensely (and honestly, picking names IMHO is the hardest part of character creation).

And I'm kinda slow on puns too...

A dwarf with a chakram. <laughs> Look out, Xena!

Welcome aboard the tub ... Kickyass. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
that's why I come up with a whole bunch of names when I have free time and pick and choose from the lot
See, I'm so bad, I can't even come up with names when I have time!

For my D&D character I actually resorted to rolling from those random names one of those guides. I got "Dor Thrur"... :rolleyes: I'm sure you can guess what names can get derived from that...