Rosie the Riveter [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Rosie may be a peasant, but she has a robot army too, somehow.

Commander:
1 Rosie Cotton of South Lane

1 Adeline, Resplendent Cathar
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Animation Module
1 Archangel Elspeth
1 Argivian Find
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Aura of Silence
1 Basri's Lieutenant
1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
1 Castle Ardenvale
1 City of Traitors
1 Cryptic Trilobite
1 Crystalline Crawler
1 Darksteel Plate
1 Dispatch
1 Dusk Legion Duelist
1 Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Esper Sentinel
1 Etched Oracle
1 Field of Souls
1 Fiend Hunter
1 Foundry of the Consuls
1 Generous Gift
1 Hall of Tagsin
1 Hangarback Walker
1 Hopeful Initiate
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Invoke Justice
1 Kami of False Hope
1 Karmic Guide
1 Kjeldoran Outpost
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Maze of Ith
1 Mindless Automaton
1 Mishra's Workshop
1 Monastery Mentor
1 Mondrak, Glory Dominus
1 Mother of Runes
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Nesting Dovehawk
1 Panharmonicon
1 Pentavus
1 Phyrexian Altar
21 Plains
1 Reveillark
1 Rout
1 Scholar of New Horizons
1 Scrapyard Recombiner
1 Serra Ascendant
1 Sevinne's Reclamation
1 Skrelv's Hive
1 Skullclamp
1 Smothering Tithe
1 Sol Ring
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Staff of the Storyteller
1 Strip Mine
1 Sun Titan
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Teferi's Protection
1 Terminus
1 Tetravus
1 The Ozolith
1 Thopter Squadron
1 Treasure Vault
1 Triskelavus
1 Triskelion
1 Twilight Drover
1 Unexpectedly Absent
1 Urza's Factory
1 Urza's Saga
1 Vesperlark
1 Walking Ballista
1 Wasteland
1 Winds of Abandon
1 Workhorse

1 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
1 Sanctuary Warden
1 Steel Overseer
1 Tawnos's Coffin

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Only played one game with this so far. The game was frustrating, but the end result was pretty great. One of my opponents was playing one of the new precons: "The Hosts of Mordor." He was able to deploy bigger creatures than the rest of us, so the Atraxa player next to him cast Farewell. I lost all of my creatures and wasn't drawing any artifacts. So I passed several turns unable to do anything, while the Sauron player rebuilt and slaughtered first one opponent, then the other. I was able to protect myself just well enough that I was brought down to 1 life before assembling an infinite damage combo with Animation Module + Triskelion + Ashnod's Altar + Rosie Cotton of South Lane.

I threw this together pretty quickly. It could use some work. But hey, it did win. Technically.

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So, I already had some plans to improve this deck, but I had been missing some sleep and was too tired at the time. Ended up bringing the deck to Commander night yesterday with no changes. Although I did ultimately lose the game I played with this one, I was much happier with the overall performance than I was with last week. This time around, I was constrained on white mana early on and had no way to generate tokens other than with Nesting Dovehawk's populate trigger on Rosie's food token. That was not ideal. So my start was slow, and eventually I used Skullclamp on Rosie just to dig for more resources (got her back with Reveillark anyway). From there, I developed an intimidating board state with Adeline, Resplendent Cathar. But everything I had was reliant on artifacts. One of my opponents cast Farewell naming artifacts, which devastated my deck, while leaving the next deck in turn order unscathed. This essentially became a kingmaker move, handing the game to the other guy. I got to use a lot of counters and tokens, so I'll take the loss on this one.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Some fine-tuning:

-1 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
-1 Sanctuary Warden
-1 Steel Overseer
-1 Tawnos's Coffin
+1 Scrapyard Recombiner
+1 Panharmonicon
+ Staff of the Storyteller
+1 Enlightened Tutor

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck just barely managed to achieve victory in an epic game last night. Among the new inclusions I did get to use Staff of the Storyteller (nifty) and Panharmonicon (won me the game). It was precarious, and two other decks were usually both ahead of me for most of the game, but neither of those players wanted to commit the resources to finish me off. Eventually, one of them did pick off the fourth player in our pod, but I was able to make myself a more difficult target. Anyway, it was a great game and could really have gone any of three ways there if things had been slightly different.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Piloted this deck twice last night. Won both games by comboing with Rosie + Animation Module + Ashnod's Altar. First time was pretty brutal and I just happened to put the combo pieces together at the last possible opportunity, but everything had gone against me up to that point. Second game was a lot more interactive.

Staff of the Storyteller continues to impress.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Another glorious victory for Rosie! I was doing OK for most of the game, but didn't have any definitive threats that could close the game out. While being attacked and pondering what my blocks might be, I realized that because I had Ashnod's Altar + Twilight Drover + Mondrak, Glory Dominus + Crystalline Crawler + Rosie Cotton of South Lane all on the battlefield, I could sacrifice a spirit token (putting a counter on Twilight Drover) to Ashnod's Altar for mana, remove a counter from Crystalline Crawler to make a white mana, use the mana to activate Twilight Drover (removing a counter as part of the cost and adding a counter because a token is leaving the battlefield) and make four spirit tokens, which triggers Rosie four times and lets me put more than enough counters on Crystalline Crawler and Twilight Drover to keep the process going. Infinite tokens and infinite +1/+1 counters on all of my creatures. And because I also had Mindless Automaton on the battlefield, I could draw through my deck too.