Rising Waters Blue

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by King of Cheese, Mar 13, 2000.

1. King of Cheese New Member

Ever since I saw the nemesis card list, I have been working on a deck based on rising waters and here's what I have so far:

4 RISING WATERS
    4 THWART
    4 TIDAL BORE
    4 ENSNARE
    4 TURNABOUT
    4 PARALLAX TIDE
    4 TREACHERY
    4 PALINCHRON
    2 MASTICORE
    2 GREAT WALE
    4 SAPRAZZAN SKERRY
    20 ISLAND

I'm not sure how ports would go in this deck. Or if you feel like playing a wheel variant:

4 RISING WATERS
    3 PARALLAX TIDE
    4 COASTAL PIRACY
    4 CLOUD OF FAERIES
    4 RISHADAN AIRSHIP
    4 ROOTWATER THIEF
    4 TREACHERY
    3 THWART
    4 COUNTERSPELL
    4 MISCALCULATION
    4 SAPRAZZAN SKERRY
    2 RISHADAN PORT
    18 ISLAND
  2. Killer Joe Active Member

Would the Artifact Diamonds or Color of Ramos work here?
  3. King of Cheese New Member

They would probably work in the first deck but not in the second
  4. The Magic Jackal Veteran CPA Member<BR><font co

I have recently discovered that darting merfolk is the best blocker that was ever made. Put 4 in main deck.
  5. TomB Administrative Assistant

Wouldn't Darting Merfolk be a little mana-consumptive in a Rising Waters deck?

I like the 2nd variant better, I think. You'll have a little better speed with the Faeries. Consider Cloud Sprite too, as some cheap early beatdown.

And I agree with Yellowjacket. I think mana rocks would be essential in a deck with Rising Waters.

TomB
    CPA Member

[Edited by TomB (03-14-2000 at 04:40 AM).]
  6. The Magic Jackal Veteran CPA Member<BR><font co

yeah, the merfolk would be mana consuming, but if your throwing in mana rocks, you may as well put them in. Think about it, if they get a big creature down, the merfolk would help you a lot.
  7. Daenen New Member

Have you thought about a Tinker variant? A whole heapload of Artifact mana, some Voltaic Keys, maybe some Processors or Colossuses for beatings? Hey, it could work.