Riemann hypothesis, David Foster Wallace, String Theory, Schroendinger's cat, etc...

T

The Magic Jackal

Hello, Hello

Hazy days and black patches of snow now consume my existence in the mountains of New York. College Days and such. My lastest experiment in life is undergoing the academic endeavors of becoming both a mathematics and creative writing major. Fortunately for me, that results in loads and loads of work, neither of which overlap in logical congruence (note the sarcasm).

Sometimes I think I'm in the matrix...life is just that ****ed up sometimes. Sometimes we all need to escape out external shell and find someplace better. Unfortunately, my devotion to the physical realm and lack of faith in anything spirtual or divine prevents me from actually believing any of that.

Is there anyone out here who actually remembers me? Probably not many. Oh well.

Merry Christmas and Happy Atheist Day

N

Notepad

Yeah, I remember playing Jackal Pup in some Magic games sometimes...

As long as you don't have fleas and mange, I'd say you grew up pretty well. :D

D

DÛke

I believe in no God and in no ghost. Just the thought of speaking about such things destroys them. You must realize that whatever it is we speak about, whatever we make too much noise about, is necessarily absent, is lacking, is existent no more. So when people speak of love, they lack love; when they say they have love and a beloved, they nevertheless are missing the absence, and so they have thoughts in their minds about it, or, in more cases, it exists in language, only as language; the same with rights, our social rights just like our ethics - they speak about "freedom of speech" because they lack that freedom, because they need its existence as language; they speak of "liberty," because they are the most unfree, slavish, inferior men alive. I dare you to test this hypothesis: for every right our dear Americans have they lack something more essential - only as such did they need rights.

But I want to tell you a little about God and atheism, since, I believe, it is only the noblest of souls these days who first have to taste the emptiness of nothing, of lack of spiritual direction, and therefore, the lack of direction in general.

It is strange talking about God, spirit, soul, force, and this "something" as if it were up there, out there, and not here. Do you not feel as if you are estranged from this world sometimes, as if you were a virus, an exile, a rebel indeed without a single cause? Doesn't talking about things distances them? You have to believe me when I say that those who speak much about God and their faith, their so called "spirituality," are the one's who lack it most. They do not see themselves as a part of the whole but estranged from it, as if they were not in this universe and as if the universe was not in them. They differentiate between the "I" and the "You," the "I" from the "World," the "I" from "Universe," and they leave the I floating as if in nowhere, as if it were self-sufficient, as if it were not the whole and the whole were not it. But you are the whole, and the whole is with you - all the time. You need not speak about it. You need no reason for it. You are it, and it is you. You are in all and all is in you.

What is missing? Faith. The strongest and most rebellious, insistent, consistent, and if at all necessary, criminal faith that is willing to go far - very far, as far as possible. Faith in what? In the connection, the wholiness of you and the whole. Philosophers and psychologists have made much about the difference between the "I" and the "world" to which the "I" belong; they wrenched apart the individual - they shook his faith in himself as a manifestation of a totality and degraded him to an individualistic anomaly. But these are tricks and illusions of men who have not the faith in themselves to take themselves far.

Have faith. Dogma, fanaticism, extremity - are far more forgiving and honest than mere "peace" and "equality" and the prostituting “open-mindedness” of the sick men who have nothing to safeguard, thus have to be open-minded and accepting: because they having nothing in them that requires a declaration of war! Not everyone can take himself that personally, and those who do, they are bound to be called tyrants, arrogant fellows, enemies of humanity, criminals, rebels; they are bound to be isolated; but having faith does not care about these conventionalities - take yourself, and make sure you take yourself far, despite the nonsense which would undoubtedly follow you wherever you go.

Make it your resolution this year that you will have faith despite the world and its commodities, despite their lacking. To be sure, they will try to hunt you down as if you were an outlaw of the spirit; some will mock you, others will hate you, and for the first time you will realize with undeniable clarity who your friends are, who the truthful men are, and whom are the mere ghosts and appearances, men who exist as words, as promises, as noise, and not as faith. They will stop you, they will all try to stop you, from taking yourself seriously - they will first tell you "but life is a big joke," others will tell you that "life is just a game," some will whisper "but why take life that seriously?" while others still will say "who cares? just live life to the fullest"; and the most famous one, "life is too short for us to bore ourselves" - do not listen! It is noise. It is mere frequency. An error that tests your solidarity. Escape them. Escape mere noise! It is, they are, just...lost frequencies, distorted pitches, bad music. Run away and do not look back, because they will be running after you - and that alone can make you tremble. Do not stop. Make your will the will of the universe and will the universe with you. Do not listen to those who call you "irrational" - they are too weak to handle irrationality; do not answer to those who demand "reason" from you, because you are reason and reason is you. Remember, where shallowness lurks you will always hear of people not taking life seriously. Life is a well of joy - it is not just a circus or a stage; take it seriously, only then will you value not taking it seriously. Suffer, only then will you realize what it means to be at peace; live to the point of self-destruction, only then will you realize how great life is. Live fanatically, or do not live at all.

Happy Christmas!

-Emann.

A

Apollo

I remember ya! You were the first to point me here. :)

Welcome back, for the moment at least. ^_^

O

orgg

Hey, MJ!

I remember you!

<-- ---------------------- ||| ||| ||| , right?

And the Tag Guard?

How have your Magical endevors gone?

T

train

Hi, I'm train...

Riemann isn't fun... neither were the millenium problems...

Have you thought about maybedoing some body-surfing on that there snow you all got...

"You just pour this bottle of oil all over your body son, and then jump!..."

T

The Magic Jackal

Did DUke just give me a sermon?

It's nice to see so many familiar faces around ;-), but do not worry Orgg, I will not be shotting any arrows. They have been retired for some time.

I can't believe Spidey sent me to the realm of off-topicness. I normally not that tangential, let's be honest ;-)

I haven't played any real magic for a while now...occasionally I'll get swindled into drafting with some of my friends, and I find myself asking them a lot of questions such as "how could they NOT reprint counterspell" and such. I remember days where you could get a damn nifty enchantment for G. I have lots of complaints about the game, but I'm not really one to bitch, and I'm sure you're all well aware of them. Also, that's why I "quit", but like a good drug (bad drug perhaps?) magic never quite leaves your system.

Oh well. I should be studying for finals, but sometimes the brain needs a break.

Cheers
MJ <---- has NOTHING to do w/ jackal pup

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a borderline call, but for the most part, I usually consider "I'm back" threads Off-Topic...

D

DÛke

No one can possibly take what I said there seriously. I was entertaining your Matrix muse...which I couldn't resist when you said "Sometimes I think I'm in the matrix..."

Cheers.

T

The Magic Jackal

train, mathmatically, the inverse matrix will give you the identity matrix, which, if applied metaphorically would put you in the "real world" would it not?

:D

T

train

Yeah - but I view it as balancing everything out once its applied...

Things would be "normal" then?...

"Guess it depends on what you call "normal"!!!... ":eek: :D ;)

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
Yeah - but I view it as balancing everything out once its applied...

Things would be "normal" then?...

"Guess it depends on what you call "normal"!!!... ":eek: :D ;)
Normal? that is what you label that which you are most familiar with.

Nightstalker Lazarus

A

Almindhra

Heeyyyyy MJ...I remember you...

Good luck on your finals, mine are almost done myself...

T

train

When does either of you graduate?...(Mindy and MJ)

For that matter - when does anyone else in college graduate?...

A

Almindhra

I have this spring semester then I need an extra semester...So next fall will be my last....