Reworked Goblin Sharpshooter

J

Jigglypuff

This has the same basic idea as the other Sharpshooter deck I posted.

4 Goblin Sharpshooter
4 Wall of Mulch
4 Tinder Wall
4 Wall of Roots
4 Wall of Blossoms
4 Wall of Ice
4 Verdant Succession
4 Repopulate
2 Rolling Thunder
3 Naturalize
23 lands

The deck can recycle its walls much more efficiently with Verdant Succession rather than Sigil of the New Dawn.

(- Steve -)

O

olwen

I would put in some tutors to get at the core of the deck, i.e., Sharpshooters or even Verdant Succession.

Grim Lavamancers might be better than Repopulate.
--
Olwen

Happy Gaming!

T

train

But repopulate brings the creatures back...

Not bad Puff...

I'm trying to tweak the Mono-red sharpshooter...

J

Jigglypuff

Well, I played this deck in a five-way at IHOP on Friday. I killed off three players and would have won the game if I had made some better decisions earlier in the game. I changed the deck a little bit after that and so here it is:

4 Goblin Sharpshooter
4 Wall of Mulch
4 Wall of Blossoms
4 Tinder Wall
4 Jungle Patrol
4 Verdant Succession
4 Instill Energy
3 Rolling Thunder
3 Gaea's Blessing
3 Repopulate
23 lands

Adding Jungle Patrol allows me to have more Walls available to sacrifice to the Wall of Mulch and gives me a way to get creatures into the graveyard so I can untap my Sharpshooters. Instill Energy allows me to give my Sharpshooters and my Patrols haste and the ability to untap once a turn, just in case.

One more thing. By popular demand, I will be bringing back the contest. We will start with this deck. Here are the rules:

* One post per person, please.
* You may submit up to three ideas in your post.
* I will allow seven days for you to post your ideas.
* You will receive a signed copy of a card of my choosing from the deck in question.

(- Steve -)

T

theorgg

1. Goblin Target Practice
2. The Brawd Side of the Barn
3. A Jar of Almonds

M

Mikeymike

One more thing. By popular demand, I will be bringing back the contest. We will start with this deck. Here are the rules:

* One post per person, please.
* You may submit up to three ideas in your post.
* I will allow seven days for you to post your ideas.
* You will receive a signed copy of a card of my choosing from the deck in question.
Wow I really am out of the loop, I've got no idea what you are talking about.

I'm just going to make some general suggestions, but I'll make it 3 to be safe.

1 - With Goblin Sharpshooter AND Verdant Succession, you need some type of auto-sack ability (my fav. red card ever Goblin Bombardment, Altar, Shivan Harvest, Greater Good, I'm sure a few more) as it can fuel a massive combo with the above cards, yet its still bulky/goofy enough not to be too obnoxious in MP. You have the pieces to an A-Bomb in this deck list, a sack ability is the fuse.

2 - Instead of Repopulate consider Rooting Kavu. It is more expensive and it is not an instant, but it is another creature to help fuel the Sniper/Success, it happens to work quite nicely with suggestion #1

3 - Kyren Negotiations. It doesn't add too too much to the engine, but its a cool additional theme turning your Walls into additional pingers.

J

Jigglypuff

Actually, the contest is to name this deck. If I pick one of your suggestions, you get to win a signed card of my choice from the deck. I ran this contest a while back but then I stopped for some silly reason.

(- Steve -)

T

train

1 - Goblins don't climb walls... Walls climb Goblins!...

2 - The Great Ping! (pun on "great wall")

3 - Run!... Don't Climb!!!....

W

WickedBoy6

1 - "Who Needs Goblin Grenade?"

2 - "Those who live in Glass Houses..."

3 - "Goblin Gunman on the Grassy Wall"

T

train

Now don't be bringin' JFK into all this business... watching Joe Pesci as a gay comspirator was just wrong...

We don't need memories of that business!!!...

W

WickedBoy6

Memories of JFK or memories of a gay Joe Pesci?

*A bit distubed on both accounts, comps chips to calm down*

T

train

Well... memories of JFK aren't so bad if Marilyn Monroe is involved...

Heck - Him, her, and the Mrs. all in the same memory....:eek: :cool: :D

J

Jigglypuff

So far there have been some really good ideas rolling in. You've got until December 22 to post your ideas.

(- Steve -)

J

Jigglypuff

Looks like I missed the deadline for this one by a few days. Sorry to keep you guys in suspense, but I've picked a winner. I was going to pick train, but he was DQ'd for breaking the "one post per person rule". Sorry train. The winner is...

Spiderman! for his submission: "The Whites of Their Eyes."

So if you would like to claim your prize, PM me with a mailing address to receive your signed Goblin Sharpshooter!

(- Steve -)

T

train

I only had one post...

That's why the title of the post for the contest was...

"Submission for the naming contest"...

Well... if you have any other sharpshooters... would you trade them...

;)

J

Jigglypuff

Well, train, when you posted "The yellow of their teeth" in quotes, I assumed that it was a submission due to the fact that it was set off in a way that would make it stand out from any other text that would have been in your post had you added more information besides "The yellow of their teeth". Ergo, that was your one post and therefore your one submission.

(- Steve -)