Revival

I

Istanbul

Revival (2W)
Instant
Regenerate all creatures.

When this occured to me, I couldn't believe that nobody had ever done anything this simple. Resuscitate from Exodus is the next closest card, and even that isn't really close.

D

DarthFerret

That would be nasty in a "Token" deck.

Ok, I block each of your attackers with 25 tokens, then I play this card, and all mine regenerate!

See?

N

Notepad

Quite an awesome card! It actually makes the functionality of Death Ward quite usable, indeed. Not something I would play, but I know the users of Hold the Line would love it. Oh, and it would be a near bomb in limited.

J

jorael

Excellent card.

Fits just right into white and isn't too broken so it can be played for a reasonable price.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Killer Joe
I vote for a gratutious babe shot. Anyone else agree? :D
Don't you think we have far too many of these already?

Anyway, I like this idea. I am surprised that nothing similar to it is already out...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Killer Joe
Yes, a good card, but what would the PICTURE be? I vote for a gratutious babe shot. Anyone else agree? :D
You always want the gratuitous babe shot... :p

A

Aneximines

Originally posted by Istanbul
Revival (2W)
Instant
Regenerate all creatures.

When this occured to me, I couldn't believe that nobody had ever done anything this simple. Resuscitate from Exodus is the next closest card, and even that isn't really close.
Well, there's Wail of the Nim, an instant that can regenerate all creatures you control for (2B).

Revival is a neat card, and well in color, I think, but looking at the Wail, you might be able to beef it up a bit (make it cantrip, maybe), or perhaps lower the mana cost.

I

Istanbul

Ah ah ah, Wail of the Nim is different.

That regenerates every creature YOU CONTROL.

This regenerates every creature. Period.

I

Istanbul

Uh...actually, the guy with WoG doesn't give a crap.

Read the card.

A

Aneximines

Ah ah ah, Wail of the Nim is different.

That regenerates every creature YOU CONTROL.

This regenerates every creature. Period.
Exactly. Your effect is worse. And your card can do less than the Wail, which can also serve to kill small creatures. For the same cost, except the color. Therefore I think you should make your card better.

You could make it cost one less mana. It would be fun in an Isochron Scepter.

Or, if you don't want to change the mana cost, you could make it do something extra. I suggest having it draw you a card in addition to its effect. It's a somewhat generic way to improve a spell, but it doesn't interefere with the flavor and there is precedent for it in every color (Abayence, Leap, Accelerate, Bind, Cremate, for example).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Uh...actually, the guy with WoG doesn't give a crap.

Read the card.
Hmm, I don't know why I said Wrath of God. No one sits on it as a defensive measure in multiplayer anyway since it hits from the hand as a sorcery and not on the board as an ability. I must have had some other card on my mind. Oh well, Disk is the best example anyway...

I

Istanbul

Actually...
I was referring more to WoG itself, which says that creatures can't be regenerated.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I know THAT. I was just saying that it didn't make any sense to use Wrath of God as an example there (even if it didn't bury the creatures).