Reverent Cure

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I can't believe I lost to a red deck with no Fireblasts in my last tournament...

He thought that Shrapnel Blast was better apparently...

T

train

Did you paint your mirror black so you won't have to look at yourself?...

Shrapnel blast is good - but in the right decks over Fireblast...

Was his deck more of a type2 based burn deck?...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not really. It used Great Furnace though, in order to run Shrapnel Blast. And it used Incinerate/Isochron Sceptre, but the rest was pretty standard...

T

train

Running mainly red - like you were - I'm surprised there's no fireblasts seeing play...

Did you mention it to him?

F

Force of Will Smith

I think false curse has the potential to be a turn 2 kill, but you might be holding gain life cards you dont want to waste..

I was trying to figure out a deck like this..

I think it would be best accomplished 1 of 2 ways..
1, you have a lucky hand... play a swamp T1,
Turn 2 play a forest, T3 kill

or... splash Green with white and use some of the best life gain spells.. btw white spellbomb gives 5 life..

Possibly use reclaim or some re-cur.. Pop a spellbomb for 5 life, reclaim.. pop another.. false cure... game..

I think another thing you could do is set up alliances.. especially in a group game.. then kill someone in an instant..

It would play like a life gain deck... until you found your free life gain cards and a false cure.. then youd kill em...

or if you need to stay alive in a group game.. play politically with some black cards to kill off and punish people for messing with you... like ragged veins..

Cursed flesh may not be instant, but it can kill disciples, and make a creature unblockable... talk your opponent into hitting an enemy while you help him..

You could ride along by spirit linking an alliances creature..

maybe im combining 2 separate deck ideas..

maybe just G/W i dunno...

or run demonic and vampiric tutors,diabloic is bleh..

also with the green.. all you really need is 1 forest... so GWB is pretty much WB with some land thats a little off :)

Natural Spring 3GG Sorcery Target player gains 8 life.
Heroes Reunion GW Target player gains 7 life.

Awe Strike

Soothing Balm 1W Instant 5 life

Spirit Link
Congregate 3W instant 2 life for each creature in play

Ragged Veins - 1B
Enchant Creature
You may play Ragged Veins whenever you could play an instant. Whenever enchanted creature is dealt damage, its controller loses that much life.
139/306
Common

Contaminated Bond 1B when attacks or blocks.. loses 3 life
4 Ragged Veins
Insubordination
2 Crown of Suspicion
Traveling Plague 3BB gets -1-1 each upkeep
Lingering Death 1B sac this creature at end of turn.
4 Cursed Flesh B -1-1 and cant be blocked
Death Watch B owner loses life equal to its power

Rejuvenate
3G, Sorcery, Urza?s Saga Common
Cycling 2 You gain 6 life.

R

Rooser

Your necroing threads now? Bad, FoWsmith, bad!

Besides, we all now that I perfected the False Cure deck when I built this monstrosity.;)

(Intended for Multiplayer)

Landytimes (24)
Bayou x4
Yavimaya Wastes x4
Forest x9
Swamp x7

Comboxxorz (11)
False Cure x4
Skyshroud Cutter x4
Reverent Silence x3

Grabby things (7)
Weird Harvest x3
Diabolic Intent x4

Pernicious Deed (4)
Pernicious Deed x4

Utility Creatures that Like to Die All the Time (12)
Abyssal Gatekeeper x4
Wall of Blossoms x4
Yavimaya Elder x4

GWAR! (2)
Spiritmonger x2

No, it don't got no "OMG first turn Bayou/Dark Rit/False Cure/Cutterface win" potential, but I think it makes up for that with a pretty large amount of resiliency and it can still combo out for 20 lifeloss to all opponents pretty fast.

EDIT: I also had a two-player version that swapped some stuff out for Hypnotic Specters and Hymn to Tourachs since those are pretty good at ruining your opponent's life.

F

Force of Will Smith

well i was talking about the deck with my friend and i typed in a search.

Necroing threads
:D

but um.. ok cool..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have so many Skyshroud Cutters, but never use them in decks. I even have a stupid foil one (and I think it's the only foil card I have).

R

Reverend Love

Laquatas's Champion?

If they kill it respond with False Cure, make'm lose 6 more life.

R

Rooser

That's a good one, Levelend Rove. I also like the idea of dumping your graveyard as fast as possible and then dropping Forbidden Crypt. At that point you can just play False Cure and two Life Bursts for the win.