Revenge of the Gray Ogre!!!

T

train

GRAY OGRE!!!!!!!!!!!
For ONLY 3 mana the practicer of red magic can call upon this beast of fear and terror. Although it is a creature of only average power and toughness (2/2) many mages overlook it's more subtle, more useful powers.
Many will note that the Gray Ogre is a Red spell. This means that the Red mage also has the powers of Red's destructiveness at his disposal. By using his Red Magic, the Red Mage can clear the board of all opposing creatures to allow the mighty Gray Ogre through. Or consider some of the other Red spells which will pump the Gray Ogre to unbelieveable levels, such as The Brute, or Giant's Strength. While immolation will initialy kill it, if you combine Immolation with The Brute, you make the Gray Ogre a force to be reckoned with, for it then becomes a 10/6, which few mages would shake a stick at. Or combine the Gray Ogre with a few of Red's "surprise" spells, such as Giant Growth or Righteousness. Just imagine the look on the opposing mages face when they attack with their Leviathan, normally a deadly creature, and you have but 2 red mana free. With a Righteousness and a Giant Growth, you shall kill the leviathan and keep your Gray Ogre smiling.
Few Mages realize some of the deeper, subtler advantages the Gray Ogre gives you. Consider the artifact Meekstone. Using these two cards together will immobilize many opponents indeed. Throw in a Mightstone or an Orcish Oriflame and laugh as your opponent takes 5 points of damage every turn.
And finally, do not forget the Gray Ogre's most powerful use, often underestimated by red mages. With a simply Black Felt Tip pen, one can write the words "Black Lotus" or "Mox Ruby" on it, to serve as a placeholder for cards the red mages either does not want to use, or does not own.

Can't Tickle closes his book and stares at you intently. In awe at his eternal wisdom, you are unable to say a word. After a few moments, you decide it is time you go on. As you gather your possesions, Can't Tickle continues to stare at you, the same way he was before, and you can't help thinking, this man must have had a lobotomy.

Single Card Stragegies is Copyright and all that crap by Jeff Franzman. Can't Tickle is a completely fictional character and any resemblence it has to any other completely fictional character is completely coincidental.

B

BigBlue

of the MIGHTY Hill Giant. At 3/3 this titan crushes your ogre and only costs a mere 1 mana more. Also by staying closer to your red ties, you can summon the Hurloon Minotaur for 1RR and get a 2/3 which also rams the Ogre into the ground.

Ahh, green crumbles under the power of Red, Blue curses the abilities of its creatures, black only wishes it could control such terrible creatures while white laughs at the folly of red using the mighty Pearled unicorn which sacrifices itself to destroy the ogre for a similar cost.

T

train

Hey it's Jeff Franzman's gray ogre... I just thought it was interesting...

Personally, I'll take Kamahl-The Mad Fist_ngs any day!!! No matter what the cost.

B

BigBlue

Sorry, after reading my reply I didn't realize how confrontational it sounded. I picked up that it wasn't yours, I was just trying to continue the tone of it to its (ill)logical conclusion. . .

Didn't mean to step on your toes.

T

train

Nothing wrong with a little stepping on toes...

Jus tbe careful, or I'll sick an Elvish Ranger on you!!!

D

Deadman

Mortal fools!
Do you not realise the true power black holds above all!?
Do you not realise the insignifance of any color once black has laid down it's most terrible creature!?!?

The mighty Giant Slug is a fearsome beast, with low cost and amazing ability to ignore any defences.
It's power and toughness seem meagre at first, but wait till it begins its brain melting Endless Scream, of which no mortal has heard and lived to tell the tale.

Fear the Slug, for it holds the key to your demise!!!