• None of them are broken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anything that allows a first turn win, which Channel in Type 1 fits oof the top of my head....

But it'd have to be consistent, so I'm sure there's something better since Channel is Restricted in Type 1.

Z

Zadok001

You missed Tolarian Academy, which would get my vote for powering the most overpowered combo deck of all time.

L

Lotus Mox

you also forgot the card which singlehandily can turn a game around: Yawgmoth's Will

D

Duel

and Mind Over Matter, also.

Nonetheless, I think that academy is the most overpowering combo card. Sorry.

G

Gizmo

IMHO Wonka wouldnt know a good question to ask from a hole in the ground. He`d certainly have no idea what cards to put on the poll.

First card banned for being overpowered = Mind Twist.
By that point Ancestral Recall and Timetwister had already been removed from the equation.

Im not sure about what classes as most broken as people way of valuing brokenness varies so greatly. But my list would have very few of the cards from Wonka`s half-oinked attempt.
It'd look more like:

Balance
Mind Twist
Necropotence
Ancestral Recall
Time Spiral
Timetwister
Channel
Black Lotus (was Dark Ritual, but how can you possibly justify it as being better than the Lotus?)

Im personally a firm believer that Dark Ritual should never have been printed, surely Balance is the most powerful effect there in terms of the game, but it might well be that the card-drawing engines are 'more broken' although their power does depend on the cards you draw with them.

I

Istanbul

I can't believe nobody said Library of Alexandria.
That thing is a card-drawing MACHINE.
It's not a creature...there goes one class of permanent removal.
It's not a spell, so you can't counter it.
It's not an artifact or enchantment, so there go two more classes of permanent removal.

Having played years of Type 1, I've found one universal fact to be true when playing against Library of Alexandria: destroy it, or it will destroy you.