References

D

Darkstar

I posted this a fortnight ago... actually longer... more like a year... but since my absence I know the trade forums have been lonely (conceeded as I may be, I am here to help). Anyhoo, I suggest once again a references system for trading... It joys me to see so many new names on the cpa, and I hope they are all willing to trade. References would not only offer weary traders a since of security but also warn against rippers. I have been many a time on here, I wont name any names, but there wasnt much warning of it, and no way to assure myself I was involved in a safe trade. I know of the bad traders list, but hear say and accusations arnt really enough in my opinion. If we account for most trades here, then we can better understand the madness that is online trading, and of course bring more users into the online haven that is the CPA... again just a suggestion...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My thought on this is while that's not a bad idea, I would suggest people to spend some time on the forums, lurking and reading, to get a feel for what people are like.

D

Darkstar

Point taken... I mean while all the old skool members purdy much know each other some what from posting uncanny ammounts topics and responses, which offers a sense of trust. Not saying I dont trust anyone, just thought it would help out with the trade system.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's true, but it's also protection for a new person. He/she reads the forum and gets feel for who seems trustworthy and vice versa.

D

Darkstar

Agreed... also just by posting and what not... the new users can find out info they need in whatever field of the cpa or mtg... thats for sure theres a great forum set up here... I was just thinking of the security policy they had at motl and how useful it was (that is before I was banned... shame on me for my smart mouth... hehe)... oh well... just whatever helps with the situation. Not sure why I am ranting... havent been ripped since the summer before last! hehe... thanks spidey for the info and input... will think about before I get lost in another rant on the subject.