Recycle

S

Spart

Dune Echo asked about a recycle deck I was discussing so I'm starting this thread for all things recycle related. For those of you who don't remember (most don't)

Recycle 4GG
Skip your draw step.
Whenever you play a card, draw a card.
At the end of your turn, discard all but two cards from your hand.

The deck I was talking about used recycle along with zero casting cost artifacts. My kill was another underused card, forbidden ritual. I"ll see if I can dig up a deck list. In the mean time I'd like to hear what people think about this card and have used it for. :)

-Spart

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I actually had a similar deck, not that it was very good. I never tuned it, but here it is:

//NAME: Weird.Dec
// Land
4 Reflecting Pool
4 City of Brass
4 Taiga
4 Volcanic Island
4 Tropical Island
// Spells
4 Show and Tell
3 Intuition
1 Last-Ditch Effort
3 Mana Severance
2 Gamble
3 Recycle
// Creatures
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Phyrexian Walker
4 Ornithopter
4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
4 Crookshank Kobolds
4 Crimson Kobolds

It tries to get out a recycle, cast mana severence to get rid of your land, and try to get 20 creatures out (the free ones!) and then use last ditch effort. :) I only got it to go off once or twice and that was like 10th turn. :D I might have to go back and tune that somewhat.

-mike

D

Duel

Right, the next time someone hands me $150, I'll go and buy that deck. Meanwhile, try this, It's mean, and not exactly cheap, but less expensive and I think more effective:
Creatures:
4 lanowar elves
4 fydlhorn elves
4 priests of titania
4 skyshroud elves
4 seeker of skybreaks
4 quirion elves
(if you choose to play with blue, put in 4 cloud of fairies and 4 shrieking drakes)

Spells
4 recycles
4 concordant crossroads (okay, so it's not really cheap)
4 fireballs
4 rolling thunders
4 vitalize
(with blue in it put in any stroke of geniuses and 4 intruder alarms)
Fastbonds, if you can.

Artifacts:
4 lotus petals

Lands:
18 forests

[Edited by Duel (02-19-2000 at 12:32 AM).]