Recoup

M

Mikeymike

Recoup 1R Uncommon
Target sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. Its flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. (Mana cost includes color.) Flashback 3R (You may play this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then remove it from the game.)

I really like this card and I think it has potential due to it being a reusable regrowth even if it is strictly for sorceries. I also liked Mike Mason's idea of a new R/W God deck with reusable WoG's b/c the recoup helps to get around 1 of R/W's biggest problems, a lack of good card drawing. While it isn't drawing cards, it does give you 8 graveyard tutors to re-use your spells.

The prime teammate for this card would be Catalyst Stone, reducing the flashback for Recoup, the converted flashbacks, and other flashback spells in your deck w/ the added side-effect of making your opponent's flashback spells harder to recast.

I posted a R/W decklist in the forum, but I'm curious to hear other people's color combinations and other strong sorceries which I could/should be taking advantage of.

I also like B/R with access to spells like:
Duress
Void
Persecute
Verdict (B/R/W)
Vindicate (B/R/W)
Addle
Diabolic Tutor

I also figured filling up the graveyard wouldn't be too bad an idea, but blue is usually the best at doing that. Intuition would be nice...but that's not T2 any longer.

Thoughts?

T

Turtlewax Joe

You mentioned BR but you left out Terminate.
Terminate i Incredible with this stratedgy!
In a 50/50 creature invroment this alows you to run only 2 Termys main deck! And fill two sideboard slots so that you have more room main deck!
The same thing applies to Ostracize!

T.J. :p

M

Mikeymike

Recoup only works with sorceries so it isn't ideal w/ the Terminate. That said, Terminate is Terminate and that makes it one of the best critter kill spells ever. Its tough not to include it in a B/R build.

I'm not high on Ostracize, especially now with the token-flash critters that are going to show up all over the place. However, it is a good way to get rid of a Blurred Mongoose

T

Turtlewax Joe

Guess I didn't see the sorcery thing:eek:!
And that's the point of Ostracize, and this spell makes only having 1 viable!

T.J.:p