Reaping the Graves Loop?

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Reaping the Graves is a simple 2B instant with storm..

3 0cc creatures+ Phyrexian Altar + Reaping= 4 0cc creatures returned

if used with ashnod's altar's and mana transformers it could potentially be huge.

Could there be some synergy with Reap and Color Changing of permanents?

Perhaps with the ability to make black and green mana tossing in a eternal witness in there...

F

Force of Will Smith

Yeah, exactly.

I've never actually seen a decklist and only have an idea exactly how well it can work.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do not have a ReapLace decklist, but you can probably find one with Google or something...

R

Rooser

I think the best combo here is not to try to go infinite but use Altar + free guys + Reaping the Graves to just barrel into an even higher storm count and enough mana to cast Tendrils.

Also, don't forget Phyrexian Altar - the less explosive but more color happy version of Ashnod's Altar.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, that seems pretty plausible. It wouldn't be hard to drive up the storm count that way...

F

Force of Will Smith

you'd only have to play 10 creatures right?
or you could go nuts..

maybe like
play no rest for the wicked 1B
play 6 kobolds, play scapegoat sac 1, return 5 (13 played), play
remaining 5 (18), sac all 5, sac no rest, return 6, play 6 (24)

hehe

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If you had Phyrexian Altar out, you would only have to play four 0 mana cost creatures, sacrifice them, play Reaping the Graves, play the four creatures again and sacrifice them again to Tendrils for 10 (20 life). And that requires no mana from any source except the Phyrexian Altar!

F

Force of Will Smith

hebe hebe *wheeze* whoa.

Phyrexian Altar.. check..
kobolds and thopters... check..
tendrils.... check...

what else?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am not sure how well it would work, but might as well try starting it with something like...

4x Tendrils of Agony
4x Dark Ritual
4x Phyrexian Altar
4x Ashnod's Altar
4x Shield Sphere
4x Phyrexian Walker
4x Ornithopter

And some other stuff. If you really need more 0 cc creatures, there are the various Kobold species...

F

Force of Will Smith

Ok, i think we'd also need to be able to dump lots of mana into a big artifact or an X spell. In a 0cc deck seriously nothing is better than a turn 1 culling the weak..

M

mythosx

Originally posted by Force of Will Smith
hebe hebe *wheeze* whoa.

Phyrexian Altar.. check..
kobolds and thopters... check..
tendrils.... check...

what else?
Skull clamp...or did some one mention it already?

F

Force of Will Smith

in order for a tendrils to work consistenly, you have to be able to drop a ton of kobolds, or 5 with a way to replay them. Perhaps pack hunt and gaea's cradle.. so you can play a forest, remove a spirit guide, have 1 kobold... and tap cradle to pack hunt the other 3..
then all you need is a way to fetch any recur condition, scapegoat, reaping the graves. In addition you need your kill card... so maybe demonic consultation.. or possibly multiple storm spells.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by mythosx
Skull clamp...or did some one mention it already?
As soon as Skullclamp is added, this starts turning into a Clamp-Kobold deck, which was a brilliant deck, but a completely different concept than this one...

It is unfortunate that Skullclamp was also a component of Ravager Affinity decks and was banned in order to weaken that archetype in Legacy (because Clamp of Kher Keep would have been a cool deck to have in the format).

F

Force of Will Smith

hell yeah it would have.. then again that's why I play casual... no cards are ever truly banned :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've been playtesting a build on Apprentice that uses this combo. It has a major difficulty in that to be fast it needs to draw both Reaping the Graves and Tendrils of Agony...