RE: New Card Ideas

W

Wizard2000

I was looking through that card list by Kirsin Koch on the first page of the CPA site and I have to say that the cards listed are of excellent quality! His stuff is better than anything WotC has put out in a while. Perhaps he should go work in their R&D department? :)

D

Dune Echo

Thanks, but they're not all my own. Those are what I thought were the best out of stuff found on Brainburst, MTG News, and other various places. I created all the Legends, the drow, Kobolds, some of the artifacts (Cursed Moxes for example) and hammered out the details for the dual land variants. I also did some of the direct damage cards.

C

Chaos Turtle

Speaking of Legends, what kind of Legend would you be, Dune?
I'll be back at work on the patch project tonight... drop me a line, any who want to contribute.

D

Dune Echo

Gosh, I've been trying to work out a Legend card for Nisrik for so long... My original creation for Dune Echo (a character, and my other alter-ego, I created for a story a loooooong time ago) would be broken in this type of game. Hell, he was broken in D&D! Anyway, I'd probably make him something like this:

Dune Echo 2GRB
Creature-Wizard Legend
First strike
T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
T: Dune Echo deals 2 damage to target creature and does not untap at the beginning of you next untap step.
Sacrifice an artifact: Put a black 2/2 Demon token creature into play.
3/3

Basically, Dune Echo was a normal person who was imbued with the partial essence of a demonic historian. The demon, Red-saige, while manipulating humans and the events of his world, used a single "avatar," if you will, to view the world around him and gain information. Dune never knew this and was inflicted with an intense wanderlust, and thus saw and survived many different things, and learned swordplay and sorcery. In D&D, he was a channeler, so casting spells wore him out, which is reflected above. And at one point, he destroyed an artifact, unleashing a minor demon, which he sort of captured and tried to contain. (THAT didn't always work, of course!)

So that's for Dune Echo. Nisrik would be a lot simpler.

Nisrik, Task Mage 1RR
Creature-Wizard Legend
When Nisrik comes into play, you may sacrifice 3 mountains. If you do not, sacrifice Nisrik, Task Mage.
T: Nisrik, Task Mage deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
2/3

M

Mordecai

I really like making up cards to represent other players' styles of play.

The local Stampy player became...

Stank
Creature--Feral Child Legend
2G, 0/1
Trample.
When Stank is the target of a spell, place X +1/+1 counters on Stank, where X is the total mana cost of that spell.

Interesting when Treacheried.

I (the white mage) became...

Richard, Healer en-Vec
Creature--Cleric Legend
2WW, 1/4
Whenever Richard, Healer en-Vec has protection from any color, prevent all damage to you from sources not of a color from which Richard, Healer en-Vec has protection.

Fun with Mother of Runes.

The king of the Portcullis became...

Jason, Portcullis Master
Creature--Wizard Legend
3UU, 1/1
When Jason, Portcullis Master comes into play, put a 0/1 blue Wizard token into play. When Jason, Portcullis Master leaves play, remove this creature from the game.
Whenever any creature comes into play, if there are two or more creatures in play, set that creature aside, out of play. When Jason, Portcullis Master leaves play, return all creatures set aside this way to play.

The lock in one card.

The guy with the most old cards became...

Mox Jeremiah
Legendary Artifact
Mox Jeremiah does not untap during your untap step.
Tap, Reveal a nonland card from your hand: Add the mana necessary to cast that spell to your mana pool. #If X is in the mana cost of that spell, treat X as zero.# Add X wear counters to Mox Jeremiah, where X is the total mana cost of that spell.
X: Untap Mox Jeremiah, where X is the number of wear counters on Mox Jeremiah.
Pay X life: Remove 2*X wear counters from Mox Jeremiah.

A bit complicated, but try using the BFM and Drain Life!! RAAR!!!!

The player with the Angel deck became...

Brian, Archangel Lackey
Creature--Angel Legend
W2, 1/1
Flying.
Whenever any creature with flying comes into play, put a 0/1 white Angel token creature with flying into play.

Designed specifically for use with Radiant.

And the guy who introduced us all to popular Magic lingo became...

Dustin the Broken
Legendary Artifact Creature
0, 0/1
Dustin the Broken cannot be countered when cast.
0: Dustin the Broken gets +0/+1.
0: Dustin the Broken gets +1/+0.
0: Dustin the Broken cannot be the target of spells or abilities until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains protection from a color of your choice until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains trample, haste, first strike, flying, shadow, flanking, banding or protection from artifacts until end of turn.
0: Dustin the broken is unblockable until end of turn.
BANNED IN ALL FORMATS.
It's broken!--Dustin

Just a tad broken. Fortunately, if printed, it would fall under the Redemption Policy.

As always, I am Mordecai the Destroyer
Obliviator of Worlds
Scourge of the Seven Galaxies
Generally Nice Guy

C

Chaos Turtle

I don't see a problem with the Dune Echo version, other than the 3-color cost, but that's your choice. I happen to think it's very interesting, as legends (especially CPA legends out to be. :)
I would like to suggest, for play balance, that the Demon token have the ability, "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature deals one damage to you." or something like that, to keep from getting out of hand. Alternatively, give the demon-creation ability a mana cost and/or require Dune to tap to use it, the point being to keep from running away with low-or-no-cost artifacts.

Where is everyone else with ideas? Hmmm? ;)

C

Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman 2R
Creature-Nomadic Legend
Power/Toughness: 2/2

Mountainwalk
Tap Captain Caveman: search target players
library for a Mountain card and put it into
play under your control. Use this ability
only once per turn.

D

Duel

How about this?

Duel
3BU
3/1
When Duel comes into play, choose taget opponent. You and target opponent cannot target permanents belonging to any other players. All spells cast by you or target opponent that effect all things effect only you and target opponent. Neither of you or your permanents can be the target of spells by anyone else. When target opponent dies, choose another target.

I figure that's the basic way I play, so I might as well make a card for it.

D

DeathPitOffering

LOl! Heres mine
Casey, the idiot 3
Legendary artifact creature
*/*
Fading: 4
I have power and tougness equal to the number of fading counters on me
I cant attack
Remove a fading counter: Put a counter on target permenat, that permenat gains fading

And then there's my friends....
Andi, the bounced 8
*/*
Has power and tughness equal to the number of cards in her deck.
During your upkeep, remove the upper half of your deck from the game.

I love making cards!