Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I like them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's the best thing that could have happened to Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

EricBess

So, make a comment if you like about specific things, but save the rants for the other thread. Let's keep this short and sweet.

T

train

I now have 4 Borg ships base deck to match the 8th edition cards...

J

Jigglypuff

I think the new artifact look is extremely hip and I like the idea of having a larger box for the art. Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent to it all.

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

I wouldn't say it's the death of magic, but I would say I don't think I'll buy any cards with that layout. They are hideous.

It looks like some contorted Mac Desktop.

And while the Art is larger, the emphasis given to all the text on the card takes away from the artwork.

I really like the colored borders on the cards, it gave them style. Now it looks too .... new. The current style gives it an almost antique feel, which is good for a fantasy setting. That new style would look great for Battletech or NetRunner, but doesn't mesh with Fantasy imho.

But I guess I should look at the bright side, MtG will be costing me a whole lot less. :D

T

train

The layout will probably be on all cards form 8th on out...

Borg Ships and Sneak Attack... eat it!! eat it!!...

C

Captain Caveman

I like the new look. Everything comes to pass. I'll probably buy
some 8th edition because of the new look.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm indifferent. I think the new layout look is sleek, but I prefer the classic layout.

I thought I'd post this, its Pete Venters' opinion on the layout. He expressed it on Wizard's boards.

I didn't realize they were going to announce that so soon. I found out about it around 2 months ago. My opinion? Well, the art is only fractionally larger so that really makes no difference but the thick bars for the text immediately above and below the image actually make the picture feel more cramped.

Ultimately I think people will get used to it but I don't think I care for it. I wish the boxes had had an aged scroll look rather than such clean lines. I think the biggest mistake was completely changing the color of artifacts. There should have been some trace of the rusty browns we remember.

I think we could do with seeing some larger images too, so we can see what we're getting better.

Pete

T

train

If anyone sees the FAQ for 8th... Let me know how they rule on the Borg Ship win condition trigger state-based effects generated by fulfilling a requirement on a continuous effects that occur during all phases and both when someone does, or doesn't have priority... and whether or not it's legal to tell your opponent they've been assimilated...

:eek:

B

BigBlue

If you say "Resistence is Futile!" is that a game loss?

What about Borg Coat?

T

train

Borg Coat would be awesome...

And I don't think Resistance is futile is a game loss unless you're saying it to a judge's girlfriend...

just a thought...

N

Nightstalkers

this is kinda kinky don't ya think... we see the death of all yu-gi-oh cards on the face of the planet if they change the design to that!!! oh wait! their magic cards... the literally scares the crap out of our bodies.

N

Notepad

Now I can use my Death Star for three mana per turn, and those Double Colorless Energy Cards...all that powers an early game Enterprise-E attack, and I finish with a Blue Eyes White Dragon. At least my Rageand Jyhad decks are safe from the hybridization!

What has the game come to?

Honestly, though, the new face will be good for new players. For the rest of us...we just have to take the bitter poison...

B

BigBlue

You don't HAVE to take the poison... :rolleyes:

You could always stop buying cards. I plan to. It is the perfect excuse for me.

And I'll block your Death Star with my Awesome.

N

Notepad

...must...buy...more...M-magi-ic...

...ugh...

I will be buying the new cards just because they're the next set. I'd like to get some Nekrataals, because nobody in my area has them for trade/sale, and I traded my own off years ago. Two headed dragon is the same story for me.

Plus, I look forward to getting enough of those cards to make some new player training decks. Trust me, new players will adapt to these faster. Especially little kids.

Ah, and the WotC conspiracy is revealed... ;)

Z

Zhaneel

Y'all complain now, but you'll get used to it. New doesn't mean evil.

As for me, I don't care one way or the other. It'll be weird, that's for sure.

N

Notepad

Agreed. Come this time next year, everyone will have at least a few of these new cards. Mirrodin will certainly see to that. My guess it'll be a forced "so cool you HAVE to buy some" set. Come this time two years from now, it'll all be as standard as gold rare symbols and centered artist text...